Railway & Modelling Obituaries

Adrian Swain, ABS Models

djparkins

8 hours ago, LongRail said:

Unfortunately I am not a member I emailed them and received a phone call but they wouldn't confirm if the have moulds for the minibus fronts i am after 

They may not know yet, its a pretty big range, and there will be lots of moulds where someone has to work out whats on each, and can it still be used - and since the various brands have been split, there may also be moulds that are split between them.

Jon

• Like 1

19 hours ago, LongRail said:

Unfortunately I am not a member I emailed them and received a phone call but they wouldn't confirm if the have moulds for the minibus fronts i am after 

I have the January Model Bus Journal. They are listing the following as available:

ref: R045 Ford Transit 1970 Minibus Front £1.50.

ref: R055 Ford Transit Bonnet, Body Front and Headlamps Mk2 £1.75.

ref: R813 Ford Transit Early Style Wheels with Separate Trim £1.50.

If that is of assistance.

Ray

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bucoops said:

I hope nobody is offended by a suggestion - would it be better to discuss the future availability of ABS products in a different thread? Leaving this one for memories of Adrian :)

Good idea, as there will be developments covering the different ranges as time progresses.

RIP Adrian.

Ray

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

Guest Jack Benson

Last week, I bought a copy of Bradley’s LSWR Drummond Locomotives from a local book seller. Inside the frontpiece was a hand written owner’s name, Adrian Swain, Napier Road. 

As a friend of Adrian a fellow EMGS Wimborne group member, this was rather poignant. There was a little note inside, no doubt a reminder to check some facts. 

Adrian will always be missed by those who knew him and his generosity.

Tim

On 20/01/2021 at 08:55, Bucoops said:

I hope nobody is offended by a suggestion - would it be better to discuss the future availability of ABS products in a different thread? Leaving this one for memories of Adrian :)

There is another thread titled:  'ABS Models (Adrian Swain)'.

Maybe it could be used rather than start another thread.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

To end the speculation and to keep discussions to another area, I am just posting a link here to our own web site about several of Adrian's ranges -

https://www.djparkins.com/home.php?cat=350

I shall post more details on the thread about ABS Models in the Small Suppliers section in a day or two.

Regards to all,

David Parkins

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

11 minutes ago, djparkins said:

To end the speculation and to keep discussions to another area, I am just posting a link here to our own web site about several of Adrian's ranges -

https://www.djparkins.com/home.php?cat=350

I shall post more details on the thread about ABS Models in the Small Suppliers section in a day or two.

Regards to all,

David Parkins

Thanks David.

That covers the 7mm ranges and I am sure a lot of people will be happy.

Now all we are waiting for is the 4mm kits to be re-issued.

All the best

Ray