G scale figures

Hi Fred,

thanks for your help here, Im not sure about the scale, it’s not actually for a railway, it’s for a theatre set model.

The majority of my work is Architectural , mostly in the hobby but a good friend who is a singer in my Band is a play write and he’s asked me to put together a theatre set with some of the Actors on the stage with props.

It is based in an office scene in the 60s period.

4 and 7mm is too small a scale, so it has to be something of the size of the figures I added to the Platform on the Much Wenlock model I built, which was for the 3” gauge modellers, I think it was 13.5mm scale but could be wrong.

thanks

Peter A L

I think that 1:22.5 is then wat you are looking for. The are a number of suppliers, the largest is Preiser (https://www.preiserfiguren.de/showpage.php?Startseite&SiteID=1).  They have a 26 page catalogue with 1:22.5 figures, the catalogue can be downloaded but their website is German. If you go to this page: https://www.preiserfiguren.de/showpage.php?Katalogdownload&SiteID=128 and look for 

image.png.feac0f2e3ab3a2d897de6aceb5218446.png

you can download the pdf catalogue. They have figures for all eras. 

Regards

Fred

A fellow Gauge '3' member models early Victorian railways and has a few Modelu figures on his layout. They are very good and available in a range of sizes (3D printed) but get a bit expensive in the larger ones.  Although G3 is 1:22.6 scale (13.5mm) we are so near to LGB 'G' at 1:22.5 that it makes no visual difference. 

Geoff has photos of his 'Pre-1860' models on Western Thunder here:

Geoff's Pre-1860 - Western Thunder

Regards,

IanT