V230

jezek

Hi there,

Welcome to RMweb!

Firstly, what condition is it?

How old is it?

Boxed?

Then go onto ebay.de (using google translate if necessary) and hunt for items similar to yours - in the SOLD listings (no point looking at live listings, some are hopelessly optimistic).

Then take an average across that range and there you have it.

If you want to sell it in the UK, you may achieve a similar figure with time but at least you know where to start, if you start at say, 99 pence, you may only get one bid!!!

OR, seeing as it was a gift, why not keep it and give it an occasional run, it's a lovely looking model.

I don't know about 009 nowadays but I remember when it was very "stuttery", stopping and starting all the time. Even a Lima model with a pancake motor (but clean wheels & track) would run much nicer!

Cheers,

John.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I suggest you keep it. It's not going to convert into a big pile of 009 if you sell it and it looks good. What's not to like?

You might get the opposite answer if you asked in the 009 forum I guess. In which case, take your pick ;-)

Edited by readingtype
typo
  • Like 1

It's a large centrally mounted  style can motor with double drive shafts, giving drive to both driven bogies, excellent haulage power, one of Lima's better models.

My rule of thumb for valuing a mint secondhand is, retail minus 33%, I paid £90.00 new for a DC model, prices on Ebay are ludicrous,( I wonder what a full SBB RAe TEE is valued at, mine is not for sale!  ) 

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/germanrailfr/modelling-reisezuege-db-epoche-iii-d-zugbildung-in-t4136-s80.html#p25839

Edited by adecoaches26point4
  • Like 2

its in very good condition , its boxed , very nice loco . i dont have a OO layout so dont know if it has problems , it was bought as a runner and was running beforehand .

got a mate who has so maybe should get him to test it 

im starting a north wales 00/009 layout so it doesnt fit in .

thanks i'll look on german ebay