Hello guys not sure if this is the right place to ask but if anyone could help that would be great.

I’m hoping to create a layout based on Wadebridge on the North Cornwall line in OO gauge. My main issue so far will be the station building, the platform 2 waiting room and the west signal box. I’ve tried finding the measurements for the original buildings online but have met with no success. 

If anyone would happen to have any measurements they could help with I would be extremely grateful.

Ta.

Edit: I’m hoping to build the above buildings from scratch, hence why I ask for the measurements.

Edited by wjones2711@gmail.com
Omitted from the original draft.

• RMweb Gold

Good luck with this project. It's a lovely station for a model. I hope that you have enough space to be able to model some of the nearby non-railway buildings.

There are at least two 2mm scale models whose builders are on RMweb, at least occasionally. So they should have what you need.

Other than that, there is always the possibility of measuring the footprint from maps and calculating the rest from photos.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

I don't know how close you live to Wadebridge,

but if/when you can justify a site visit,

the station building and goods shed

are still in existence.

Also there is a Wadebridge Memories group

on Facebook; pics of the station often come

up there 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

I seem to recall there were some building drawings as part of a layout feature in Modeler's Backtrack  many moons ago, I'll see if I can dig them out, possibly tomorrow.

• Like 1

Thank you to everyone who has got in contact with ideas and tips. As a relatively inexperienced modeller it’s great to know that I can get help from people with alike interests.

On another note, I’m wondering whether or not to commission someone who could make the desired buildings. If anyone knows anyone who could help or has experience in this field that would be amazing. 

In failing that, ideas on how I can construct myself would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Will

• 1 month later...

I am also in the process of putting together a 00 model based on Wadebridge station. Did you manage to find any of the dimensional info you were looking for? I'm about to start on the loco shed and water tower, where counting bricks is of little help with the clapboard shed lengths! Any info on this or any other of the structures would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• RMweb Gold
On 01/06/2020 at 14:50, wjones2711@gmail.com said:

Thank you to everyone who has got in contact with ideas and tips. As a relatively inexperienced modeller it’s great to know that I can get help from people with alike interests.

On another note, I’m wondering whether or not to commission someone who could make the desired buildings. If anyone knows anyone who could help or has experience in this field that would be amazing. 

In failing that, ideas on how I can construct myself would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Will

I imagine that commissioning someone to make buildings could be quite expensive and (for me anyway) not very fulfilling.

To be honest, making buildings out of card is very simple and only uses basic tools, you just need to be careful and take your time.

A good start is to put together a couple of buildings from the scalescenes range first. This gives you a good idea on how to do it. Then just download the brick or stone sheets from the same website and off you go. If you have access to drawing software such as coreldraw (I am sure there are free alternatives) then even better, but it isn't essential.