Lines operated by only one locomotive class?

Alex TM

Almost certainly not what was intended but:

In the Pilbara region of NW Australia there is the Roy Hill mining railway, which opened circa 2015 and takes iron ore from a single mine to a port facility.

Loco fleet is 26 GE ES44ACi units, the initial batch being delivered for the opening of the line.

So a railway which (to date) has only had a single class of locomotive operating services.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi again,

Sorry, but I had to look up both the locomotives and the railway as all I recognised from the last post was the GE reference.  Thanks to wiki I am now seriously impressed by both the loco and the sheer size of that iron ore set-up.

Thanks for posting.

Regards,

Alex.

On 02/06/2020 at 17:30, Alex TM said:

Hi dvdlcs,

I think that line you mention from the top left hand corner of Wales used a class consisting of only one 0-4-0T for its most famous branch, though I am sure I have seen an image of a larger depot with a wider range of locos ....

That was the 'Works' at Pontypool, which is about as far from the TL corner of Wales as you can get and still be in Wales!  I got the impression though that this didn't form part of the M&LRTCo.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, TomJ said:

Talking of Welsh railways - what about the Talyllyn or the Welshpool & Llanfair pre preservation. Both operated by one class of two locos!

Not the Talyllyn - Talyllyn is a 0-4-2 saddle tank and Dolgoch an 0-4-0 well tank.