Lighting issue on Hattons 66 since decoder number change

Lambolavis

Just changed the decoder number from the standard 3 to the number 2 on a Hattons class 66 since I done this the lights will no longer come on except for Park Mode lights. Any ideas of how to rectify this? I’m sure it’s simple and I’m just missing the obvious.

for extra info it’s got ESU Loksound V5 with Legomanbiffo sound files.

Hi

I have had this problem on my ESU ECoS sometimes and reset the decoder to factory again CV8 to 8 and then all was back to normal. On second attempt to re-number decoder, all worked.

Hope that may help

John

• Thanks 1

Hi thanks for the tip, not too keen on doing a factory reset of the decoder being as it’s a sound decoder, not sure if that might wipe the sound files off it but maybe a last resort, it’s working fine otherwise. Just the lights won’t work.

Guest Half-full
1 minute ago, Lambolavis said:

Hi thanks for the tip, not too keen on doing a factory reset of the decoder being as it’s a sound decoder, not sure if that might wipe the sound files off it but maybe a last resort, it’s working fine otherwise. Just the lights won’t work.

Resetting the decoder wont wipe the sound files off, it just clears any changes made to the CV's

Forgot to thank you all for your help the other day, following this advice has resolved the issue. So thank you for all your help and you patience.

I am just getting back into the hobby after a few years and forgot a great deal of it. I’m certainly in the camp of all the gear no idea.