Hattons Trunk.

Free At Last

Has anyone tried using Hattons Trunk yet?

I have just tried saving two items to the trunk and it appears as only one so I change it back to two, press update and save cart and there is now nothing in the cart.

Tried it numerous times and get the same result. Hopeless.

You would think they would try these new ideas out before making them live.

Edited by Free At Last

• RMweb Gold

Hi Free At Last,

Sorry to hear of the issues you're having. We have extensively tested the new Trunk service prior to going 'live' but some problems can only present themselves when a wider range of people are using new programs/software etc.

If you're still having issues, can I suggest getting in touch with our Customer Experience team? You can get in touch 24/7 via email, phone or livechat and they are the best people who can take a look into it and resolve your issues.

Cheers

Dave

12 minutes ago, Free At Last said:

Has anyone tried using Hattons Trunk yet?

I have just tried saving two items to the trunk and it appears as only one so I change it back to two, press update and save cart and there is now nothing in the cart.

Tried it numerous times and get the same result. Hopeless.

You would think they would try these new ideas out before making them live.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hattons Dave said:

Hi Free At Last,

Sorry to hear of the issues you're having. We have extensively tested the new Trunk service prior to going 'live' but some problems can only present themselves when a wider range of people are using new programs/software etc.

If you're still having issues, can I suggest getting in touch with our Customer Experience team? You can get in touch 24/7 via email, phone or livechat and they are the best people who can take a look into it and resolve your issues.

Cheers

Dave

I’m having all sorts of problems too! But Kate is sorting it out! (FYI I’m using my iPhone IOS 13.5) 

Edited by miles73128
Update

I put two locomotives to the trunk yesterday. I first clicked add to trunk on the first then on the second then paid for the first then paid for the second, in two different browser tabs. I feared that this may confuse the site so double checked what was in my trunk at which step and it all worked out as expected: After paying for the first it appeared in the trunk and after paying for the second both appeared.

@ Hattons team: Thank you very much for this feature, it will save me postage costs.

Have had no problems putting "brand new" items to the trunk but no luck at all with pre-owned items. Apparently the trunk is not working with pre-owned, which reduces its usefulness for me.

• RMweb Premium

I had no trouble putting a pre-owned item in my trunk today. I also discovered a setting to put all pre-orders into the trunk on arrival rather than have them posted out straight away, very handy.

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Over the past few days I have tried to pre order two lots of the Genesis coaches. One set from the first batch and one set from the second batch. Each time I put them into the trunk they vanished. Tried again today but ordered them as going to basket and once both lots were in the basket I them moved them to the trunk which now appears to have worked.

The worrying thing is that the confirmation says that to avoid disappointment I should have them delivered upon arrival at Hattons! Does this mean that if you put stuff in the trunk it is not saved and if they sell out then it will not be available when your last items arrive?

• RMweb Premium
55 minutes ago, Free At Last said:

Items not in stock appear in your pre-orders and will go into your trunk when they arrive in stock.

My worry was that to avoid disappointment I should have them delivered upon arrival at Hattons rather than putting them in the trunk for a combined delivery.

When your pre-order comes in to stock it is charged for and then goes into your trunk and stays there till you request it. 

I have been adding stuff to my trunk for a few weeks now. I am just waiting on Peco stock to arrive and then I will have it all sent.

Edited by Free At Last

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Free At Last said:

When your pre-order comes in to stock it is charged for and then goes into your trunk and stays there till you request it. 

I have been adding stuff to my trunk for a few weeks now. I am just waiting on Peco stock to arrive and then I will have it all sent.

That was how I thought it worked but the confirmation on one of the pre-orders got me worried.

If you have ordered items not yet in stock check that they are in your pre-orders and then view the order and make sure trunk delivery is selected.
There were teething problems at first, I had orders that I never got confirmation emails for and I could not cancel them either. Part of it may have been me trying to put items in the trunk that were not in stock. I got on to live chat and they had to sort it at their end.

I'm now using the trunk regularly to consolidate small purchases, especially pre-owned items, into an economic shipment size for Oz.  If you are making multiple purchases it's best to first put them into the cart, from where you can make a single transaction to buy them for the trunk.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Chris116 said:

I have checked and I have nothing in the trunk but the items I want to order are shown as Pre-orders with trunk delivery, so I think I have got it right!

Hi Chris,

You've got it spot on. Items will go into your trunk once they're processed and paid for, and these are then solely yours.

You can add other items as you wish into your trunk - if they're in stock, they'll go straight in.

If they're on pre-order, they'll go into your trunk as and when they arrive with us, but they'll show in your pre-order list until then.

Sorry for any confusion but I hope that the above helps :-)

Cheers

Dave

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

This afternoon i put a pre- order in my trunk and was charged directly for 20,- pound while the item is not in stock,

It says on order on the site and will be a redelivery of the Hornby GWR brake van. 

all my pre-orders before i put in pre-order and nothing  charged.

A bit strange, because iff you order a lot of pre-orders directly in your trunk you could be charged for hunderds of pounds, while it could take a year before releases of the item.

For this item no problem because it will be soon in stock again.

Does this happend to others?, or is this a fault in the system.

From now on i put my pre-orders in the pre-order and not in the trunk anymore 

Edited by Cor-onGRT4

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, Cor-onGRT4 said:

This afternoon i put a pre- order in my trunk and was charged directly for 20,- pound while the item is not in stock,

It says on order on the site and will be a redelivery of the Hornby GWR brake van. 

all my pre-orders before i put in pre-order and nothing  charged.

A bit strange, because iff you order a lot of pre-orders directly in your trunk you could be charged for hunderds of pounds, while it could take a year before releases of the item.

For this item no problem because it will be soon in stock again.

Does this happend to others?, or is this a fault in the system.

From now on i put my pre-orders in the pre-order and not in the trunk anymore 

Hi Cor-onGRT4,

Thanks for the message and sorry to hear you're having issues. We don't charge for any pre-order until the item arrives with us, and the item should only appear in your Trunk once it has arrived into stock also.

We have had fresh stock delivered of some of Hornby's latest GWR brake vans over the last couple of days so this may be the item involved.

If you can get in touch with our Customer Experience team by calling +441514591661 or sending an email to info@hattons.co.uk we'll get this sorted for you.

Cheers,

Dave

On 30/05/2020 at 17:14, Hattons Dave said:

Hi Free At Last,

Cheers

Dave

Thanks for your responce, but i just noticed there are now 7 in stock, maybe they where in stock on the moment i placed the order but not yet visable in stock on the site, i don't know how the system works, but maybe a overlap item in the system?

But thanks again for your quick responce

BTW , very happy with the trunk option

Cor

Edited by Cor-onGRT4

• 3 weeks later...

As an overseas customer, I think this innovation from Hattons is just brilliant. I love the fact I can take control of my shipping costs like this. I was always wary of pre-orders because they never arrive together and end up getting charged individual shipping. 

Thanks Hattons! It really makes a big difference. 

• Agree 5