POLITE EDINBURGH YEAR REQUEST

DOCJACOB

Found total of 5 pictureS in Edinburgh but absolutely no timeframe. They are all same developer style/print hence the query though because of foliage changed I limit it to a 6 month spell in un-specified year. 

4 scanned and I THINK can reasonably suggest:

1) Possibly passenger special type thing on Edinburgh Suburban taken from Cluny Avenue towards Braid Avenue over bridge and Morningside beyond. 

2 Easter Road looking towards Meadowbank 

3) Track bed of lifted line to Granton at Trinity Station. Unscanned image looking other direction 

4) Shrubhill one assumes from state of track either before/or after rubbish trains? 

Scan 155.jpeg

• 5 weeks later...

I would be inclined to agree but one thing puzzles me.  The left hand track from Easter Road is  nice  and shiny which suggests traffic running into Leith Walk goods depot and / or down to Granton however the line at Powderhall is rusty.  I lived in McDonald Road 1977/83 and the oil train to Granton was still running and the Leith Walk to Millerhill or Carstairs via Lochend Junction goods was still running but may have finished by 1983.  Unless my memory is playing tricks I do not think the rubbish trains from Powderhall had started until after I moved away. 

I seem to recall there was a period during which there were no trains though Easter Road until the Powderhall traffic started and by then the Easter Road to London Road loop was out of use.  I can certainly say the line to Lochend outlived the line to London Road.  

Sorry I cannot be clearer.

• Thanks 1