Y25 Bogies

There are several versions of the Y25 bogie, most of which are not relevant or obvious to most. They were/are widely used from ballast hoppers (Sealions, Seacows) to bolster wagons (BDA) - before models of BDA were available I converted several BDV kits which had older bogies - not to hard (even for my limited ability!).

• RMweb Premium

The BDA was used as the derivative for other bolsters like the similar BEA, BFA, and the pipe carrying BTA. Then there is the BRA, plus most Polybulk variations and similar hooded hoppers, and also some tankers, like the Ammonia TCAs.

All have used Y25s, either cast or fabricated....

44 minutes ago, Davexoc said:

The BDA was used as the derivative for other bolsters like the similar BEA, BFA, and the pipe carrying BTA. Then there is the BRA, plus most Polybulk variations and similar hooded hoppers, and also some tankers, like the Ammonia TCAs.

All have used Y25s, either cast or fabricated....

If you fancy scratch-building a simple box wagon, then there's the bogie opens (JRA) built for Tiphook. I think they're currently owned by TOUAX. 

https://ukrailwaypics.smugmug.com/UKRailRollingstock/J-/JRA-Tiphook-box-wagons/i-7tvpbZ9/A