RC Trains for Beginners!

sej

Does anyone have experience/recommendations/thoughts regarding RC Trains products? I was thinking of the Tx10 transmitter and RCT-Rx102 receiver for a small 7mm garden circuit and battery driven tank locos?

Cheers

Simon

RX102 doesn't have a speed controller, you would have to add one to enable the motor to be operated. It is aimed at Live Steam locos which do not need electric motor control built into the receiver. Have a look at Micron Radio Control who have a much broader range of Deltang receivers (though many are currently out of stock). I've just bought an RX62 for my latest 16mm project. 

http://www.micronradiocontrol.co.uk/product/deltang/dt_rx62.html

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for your replies; so a receiver has to have electric motor control for it to do what I want it to (12 locos is more than enough, thanks!).

So, the RCT-Rx65c receiver/controller would be OK?

Cheers

Simon

Hi Simon,

Yes, if you want to control an battery powered loco then you need a speed control for the motor.  You can use a receiver with a servo output such as intended for model aircraft, and buy a separate speed controller, but the Rx6 series of Deltang receivers have the speed controller on board so you don't need to buy a separate one.

The Rx65 would be OK, you need to specify which transmitter you will be using it with to get it set up correctly, the Tx 22 is the obvious one to go for. 

Frank

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1