Track Blister packs

Hilux5972

• RMweb Gold

Quite possibly easier to merchandise, and keeps unnecessary opening of packets, etc.

"Keep your new track factory-fresh".

I wonder if it has a sell-by date?  Possibly even, a play - by date..... 

Peco are doing something similar with their points, aren't they?

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, tomparryharry said:

Peco are doing something similar with their points, aren't they?

They are also doing it with their set track as well. 

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Peco sell multipacks of N scale set track elements with lots of unnecessary plastic packaging which costs more than just buying the same number of pieces separately!!  One of the reasons why my local emporium refuses to stock the multipacks and I expect the same policy will apply to these Hornby packs if the same price differential occurs.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Probably won't be too long before someone reviews the 'cool new packaging' on youtube, and says how much they like it, and how it looks like the track is frozen in a block of ice (cue someone else actually freezing some track in their freezer to compare). Then suddenly all our track comes packaged that way.

(I'm currently in the process of return multiple locomotives which have had the finish damaged by tight solid plastic packaging)

• Friendly/supportive 1

17 hours ago, G-BOAF said:

Probably won't be too long before someone reviews the 'cool new packaging' on youtube, and says how much they like it, and how it looks like the track is frozen in a block of ice (cue someone else actually freezing some track in their freezer to compare). Then suddenly all our track comes packaged that way.

(I'm currently in the process of return multiple locomotives which have had the finish damaged by tight solid plastic packaging)

A friend with whom I wargame sometimes makes videos, so maybe that could be arranged...:diablo_mini: :jester:

• Funny 1

On 02/06/2020 at 22:15, tomparryharry said:

Flexible track is the next big thing, attractively packaged in a big circular plastic halo.

Only joking folks, only joking......

If they could pack it in a perfect 2nd 3rd or 4th radis halo then great :)