building a 6x2 rural branch line, end to end

Nicholas C

hi guys so i'm in the planning stages but only have space for a 6x2 layout, the idea is it will be a rural branch line from the 1950s to late 1960s  single line, with a runaround and will be based on bleakhouse road as the track layout goes, i plan to have a 2 car DMU, is this going to be possible with the space i have?

Hi Nicholas. Does your 6 foot length include space for a fiddle yard or other storage or is this just the scenic section? Also I assume you are thinking OO gauge rather than N. 

Are you thinking about this Bleakhouse Road layout as inspiration? https://www.world-of-railways.co.uk/model-railways/bleakhouse-road-in-oo-gauge/

That layout is 8 foot long for the scenic section. You could have a smaller layout, but the sidings and runaround loop would get smaller so would restrict the length of train that you run. 

Hope this helps.

Nick 

• 4 weeks later...

yes my idea is sort of based on bleak house road, but as a smaller size, still in 00 though. i plan to have a fiddle yard at a later date, but the scenic section will stay as 6 x 2 i have a layout now planned ill put the picture up later tonight, thanks for that :)