Small Sidings for Shunting Next to Main Line

Dave0-6-0

Hi. Just getting into modelling after toy trains 20 years ago. 00 gauge, DS, 1930s era LNER, industrial. I will have the usual up and down mainlines, but I'm particularly interested in shunting freight wagons in a loop and sidings. At this stage I mainly have my old Peco Settrack, including Insulfrog points, but having read other stuff on this website, I'm intending to go over to Electrofrog points - I have quite a few old favourite 0-6-0 locos which I would like to keep running but they do have some trouble with my Insulfrog points at slow speed (the track and locos are clean, it's just the old loco contacts together with the plastic frogs). My loop and sidings for the 0--6-0 locos and wagons are limited to a space of about 8 foot x 1 foot. I've designed the layout attached using Anyrail (though as I said I will be moving over to Electrofrog points instead of the 240/241 points). I may want to add a couple more siding lines if space permits. I do seem to have rather a lot of points to achieve a simple design? Before I start acquiring all these electrofrog points (and others for the main lines), I was wondering if anyone has ideas on how I could improve my layout to achieve the same objectives, perhaps using slips or crossovers? If you've seen the same question elsewhere, my apologies and I'd be happy for anyone just to supply me a link to the relevant place. Thanks.

Loop and Sidings Plan.pdf