DJ Models: company wound-up and liquidation closed

BR(S)

Just received a letter by email stating that DJ Models has now been wound-up and the liquidation closed.

There is a link with login and unique ID to access the final account of the liquidation.

Edited by BR(S)

• RMweb Gold

Had a quick read of the document if I read correctly the liquidators had £174000 worth of claims but Dave only had 10p in his bank account! Although it also looks like they received £2300 for his cad work for 2 models and £4000 from somewhere ? Dave himself.

Expensive scam party that for the apt (yes the spelling is correct)!

Edited by Markwj

• RMweb Gold

I struggled to log in then it just seemed to be ok but all it gave me was the option to put in my email and the document was emailed across so if you cannot open maybe email the liquidators although they may not appreciate 178 emails requesting the same thing all at once.

The intellectual property rights for the two models (APT and 92 I assume) were sold for a total of £2,300 on 15th January 2020.

10p was the sum in the DJ Models bank account.

£4,000 received by DJ Models as cash-in-hand.

Cost for the liquidation was £23,256.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, BR(S) said:

The intellectual property rights for the two models (APT and 92 I assume) were sold for a total of £2,300 on 15th January 2020.

10p was the sum in the DJ Models bank account.

£4,000 received by DJ Models as cash-in-hand.

Cost for the liquidation was £23,256.

I think the rights were for the king and shark that KR models are taking on. The Accurascale 92 and Hornby APT are all newly tooled models and owe nothing to the djm versions according to the respective model threads.

• Agree 6

Just now, Markwj said:

I think the rights were for the king and shark that KR models are taking on. The Accurascale 92 and Hornby APT are all newly tooled models and owe nothing to the djm versions according to the respective model threads.

Ah, of course, I forgot about those two and that the APT and 92 have now come to an end.

9 minutes ago, Widnes Model Centre said:

Try this. Very unpleasant reading.

Report.pdf 248.95 kB · 3 downloads

Wouldn't call it unpleasant, its a statement of facts.

The only thing I pick out from the figures are the 219 creditors of which 178 got funds back from their credit cards.

How many people I wonder actually logged their status with the Liquidator, did Dave Jones only have a couple of hundred or so people ordering his models on pre-order or did most just not bother once they got their money back via section 75.  

In some respects is it a case that the 178 people who logged details with the Liquidator were just simply wasting his time as he mentions this in the report - it added no value to the liquidation other than it got a mention in the report and those people weren't out of pocket.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Wouldn't call it unpleasant, its a statement of facts.

The only thing I pick out from the figures are the 219 creditors of which 178 got funds back from their credit cards.

How many people I wonder actually logged their status with the Liquidator, did Dave Jones only have a couple of hundred or so people ordering his models on pre-order or did most just not bother once they got their money back via section 75.  

In some respects is it a case that the 178 people who logged details with the Liquidator were just simply wasting his time as he mentions this in the report - it added no value to the liquidation other than it got a mention in the report and those people weren't out of pocket.

I stick by my "very unpleasant". It might be a Statement Of Facts but 41 creditors lost nearly £175,000.  Another number is the 178 claims logged with the Liquidators. How many didn't get in touch with the Liquidators? How many of the 178 actually got their money back? How many claimed or didn't bother?

£0.10p left in the account, did he miss that 10p? If I looked at my accounts and saw that there was 10p left, would I have not noticed something going wrong before I got to that stage? The answer is a resounding "Yes"  Where did the all the money go?  Facts are only normally confused by the information provided and the unanswered questions. What you are left with is the Facts.

• Like 4
  • Agree 8

2 minutes ago, Widnes Model Centre said:

I stick by my "very unpleasant". It might be a Statement Of Facts but 41 creditors lost nearly £175,000.  Another number is the 178 claims logged with the Liquidators. How many didn't get in touch with the Liquidators? How many of the 178 actually got their money back? How many claimed or didn't bother?

£0.10p left in the account, did he miss that 10p? If I looked at my accounts and saw that there was 10p left, would I have not noticed something going wrong before I got to that stage? The answer is a resounding "Yes"  Where did the all the money go?  Facts are only normally confused by the information provided and the unanswered questions. What you are left with is the Facts.

It's just picking a scab on a wound, we know he went down in a ball of flames 12 months ago, we knew there was no money and we knew people would be hit.

• Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Widnes Model Centre said:

Yes where did the money go -why just 10p left- a simbolic number once the rest had been moved elsewhere? A bad taste joke on his part?

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, spamcan61 said:

Over 174 grand in claims from 41 creditors, either somebody wanted a lot of APTs and/or there are some folk seriously out of pocket.

It's likely the factory that is the biggest creditor in that figure.

• Agree 9

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

£225.79 an hour isn't a bad wage.

Mike.

That's not that much more than I pay my accountant so not exactly mimimum wage but not megabucks.

• RMweb Gold

Maybe 3 July 2020 is the date 

7 minutes ago, spamcan61 said:

image.png.019d5d9ee968c5cd808b4a70f7b2b8cb.png

oh no it wasn't !  doesn't anybody proof read anything any more bah humbug

Maybe 3 July 2020 is the date the 10p is promised ;)

Edited by Colin_McLeod
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2