Replacement LNER Diamond bogies for Cambrian Bogie Bolster Quint.

G'day,

Can someone suggest a source for replacement bogies for the above?

The kit is made, but the bogies as moulded were definitely on the dodgy side, and there s so much slop as to cause very poor running.

I thought perhaps something from MJT or elsewhere with white metal cosmetic sides, or even a complete RTR bogie, but so far have found nothing that matches.

regards

3 hours ago, Flyingscotsmanfan said:

I know this seems like a stupid question but are you using top hat brass bearings and what wheels are you using? 

That would be my diagnosis too, in the absence of evidence to the contrary; also, what wheels are being used?

John Isherwood.

Thanks all.

Yes, and Romford.

The problem is in the deformed centre conical bearing and screw assembly.  I should have got replacements but did not.

I will try out those two suggestions thankyou.

regards

Thanks, I may try a replacement Cambrian  bogie, but I don't have a lot of faith that new from old mouldings will be much better.  Then again I could just have been unlucky.

To replace the diamond bogie would require one with the same single vertical volute spring.  The Parkside and Gramodels versions appears to have the twin springs.

Thanks all

regards

3 minutes ago, ColHut said:

.....  I don't have a lot of faith that new from old mouldings will be much better.

Those Cambrian one-piece bogie mouldings are relatively new - at least interms of the early Cambrian wagon kits.

John Isherwood.