Peco Set Track and Streamlne Code 100 issues

carljohnson1983

Hi All,

Hope your all well in these uncertain times...

I will try and explain as best as I can, however if you need any further clarification please ask away.

I would like to use Peco Streamline Points for my Layout which is a 12x8 Layout in my spare room, My questions is for realism I would like to have my track on straights convention streamline spacing of using a 6ft Way Gauge. Now my main question is if I use the 6ft Way Gauge on my corners then I am bound to get collisions and I am using set track for corners and straights. So just Streamline Points....and some flexitrack. How if I am using streamline spacing be able to give me Loco's move space on corners so there is no collisions? Any ideas would be highly greatful.

Regrads,

Carl

• RMweb Premium
27 minutes ago, carljohnson1983 said:

Hi All,

Hope your all well in these uncertain times...

I will try and explain as best as I can, however if you need any further clarification please ask away.

I would like to use Peco Streamline Points for my Layout which is a 12x8 Layout in my spare room, My questions is for realism I would like to have my track on straights convention streamline spacing of using a 6ft Way Gauge. Now my main question is if I use the 6ft Way Gauge on my corners then I am bound to get collisions and I am using set track for corners and straights. So just Streamline Points....and some flexitrack. How if I am using streamline spacing be able to give me Loco's move space on corners so there is no collisions? Any ideas would be highly greatful.

Regrads,

Carl

Easy

You arrange the setrack curves such that they begin slightly off set from each other and not in perfect alignment. That way the '6ft' between the two lines will start to widen out as they go round the curve. If you look at the attached image you have setrack spacing on the vertical tracks but streamline spacing on the horizontal

This can be explained by the careful use of scenic treatments - for example lets say the line was original singled but later doubled and rather than build a bridge the company chose to erect a second structure in parallel with the first rather than rebuild what already existed - thus giving a reason for a wider spacing. This method was used to widen the northern section of the Somerset & Dorset.

Annotation 2020-06-03 210806.jpg

• Informative/Useful 1

17 hours ago, phil-b259 said:

You arrange the setrack curves such that they begin slightly off set from each other and not in perfect alignment. That way the '6ft' between the two lines will start to widen out as they go round the curve. If you look at the attached image you have setrack spacing on the vertical tracks but streamline spacing on the horizontal

I'd go along with that suggestion.  I've used something similar myself to prevent coaches clipping.  I now use setrack spacing on the straights as well, regardless of which points I use, but that's just me and, of course, it's wider than the more prototypical six foot spacing that you're aiming for.  

Steve.

• Informative/Useful 1