If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Hello. I've Just Joined.

Mountain Goat

1 hour ago, chris p bacon said:

Run ....run... while you can....it'll take all your time  :D

Uhmmm. Too late! I have been in the hobby since about a year old onwards, and I am now in my 40's. I think in trains. I dream in trains! My life revolves around trains! :D Haha!

• Funny 1

I think I had better say a bit more about myself. 

I am one of those people who has always loved anything to do with railways, though I am far more tuned into specific aspects of the hobby then I used to be as you could say I have matured. 

However I am one of those modellers who loves to start things but does not often finish. In the past, though I have always been into 00 (Though far less so now), I have tried a few scales and gauges from N to SM32, but out of them all, I found a love for freelancing in 0-16.5 otherwize known as 7mm narrow gauge using 00 gauge width track.

I have recently discovered that there maybe a reason why I am narrow minded and seem to stay with certain interests, like trains and bicycles and that is because I have recently found that i have a few traits of autism. I do not know if I am on the autistic spectrum or not as I am waiting to be assessed after having several autistic burnouts (A bit like some sort of breakdown) and I found that last september even low hours part time work was too much for me. (Back in 2007 I worked full time on the railways, but it was there after 9 years of working there (A record for me to stay in one job) that I hit my first burnout, though I did not know what it was. All I knew was that I needed to quit work as if I had stayed I would not be here today as my mind was jumping. Don't worry. I am quite sane even though some may say otherwize! Haha!)

Anyway. If you want to ask questions about me go for it. I can't promise that I will answer, but I will give it a go.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2