P19 Python, Vacuum Pipes?

Hi Everyone,

I am close to finishing a Parkside P19 Python and I am wondering if they received vacuum pipes? I assume they did as I have seen other photos of Pythons with them but no P19 photo has come to light, some help as to the most appropriate pipes to use would be helpful. 

Thanks Connor

Connor

As it is a passenger train rated vehicle (Brown, or with XP lettering), it has to have automatic brakes - and for GWR, that means Vacuum pipes.

As the end doors have a fold down flap to form a ramp over the buffers, it has to be a dangly down type, rather than the usual one with vertical metal pipe going above the top of the bufferbeam.

I hope that makes sense!

Will

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, WillCav said:

Connor

As it is a passenger train rated vehicle (Brown, or with XP lettering), it has to have automatic brakes - and for GWR, that means Vacuum pipes.

As the end doors have a fold down flap to form a ramp over the buffers, it has to be a dangly down type, rather than the usual one with vertical metal pipe going above the top of the bufferbeam.

I hope that makes sense!

Will

Will, As passenger rated, would they have had steam heating pipes also?

• RMweb Premium

I don't know what has gone wrong with my link,  but  there were several photos of Pythons, showing both the vac pipe and the steam heat pipe. There is one in captivity at Didcot and if you go on their site they have a picture,  but it doesn't show the steam pipe.  I will investigate my original link when I get back on the laptop.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Everybody, Much Appreciated and I assumed they would because of the passenger rating but in the two books I found there was no P19 diagram so I was just after placement and existence. Thanks again.

Connor