Slaters OO Gauge Wagon Kits

I think they mean they don't have the excellent Slaters 3 link couplings in them.

If they are still the same as they used to be they have basic plastic couplings provided on the sprue.

But they are like the ones in Ratio and many other kits, and are a bit useless IMHO. Replace them with something better if you can.

Jason

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

If they're like the Parkside ones, then I agree. In that case, the NEM mounts would be the way to go. Ihave some Parkside wagons nearing completion and the couplings are a matter to which I need to address too.

Cheers,

Philip

• Agree 1

On 04/06/2020 at 18:42, Steamport Southport said:

If they are still the same as they used to be they have basic plastic couplings provided on the sprue.

But they are like the ones in Ratio and many other kits, and are a bit useless IMHO. Replace them with something better if you can.

Just had a quick search through my stash of unbuilt kits, and (bear in mind here that some of these have been sitting in a box for over a decade) some Slaters kits definitely came with a basic self-assembly tension lock as you described- they also sometimes (I thought always, but the first one I opened didn't have them) included a pair of mounting bosses for the old wide Triang/Hornby tension-lock, but that's not much use for the modern small ones.

I will confess back in the day to having made my own mounts for Bachmann tension locks from plastic strip (...and predictably ended up with slightly inconsistent coupling heights...) but would agree that the Parkside NEM mounts are probably the way ahead here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1