Safety Chains

I’m building a brown vehicle, in 7 mm. Although I’m not fitting the chains I was going to fit the hooks on the van. I’ve tried Googling but cannot see anything so would be pleased if someone could describe what they look like.  Was it just an eye bolt?

Many thanks 

Phil

Edited by O-Gauge-Phil

IIRC, some kits include the chain system so some of the fittings will be on the headstock etch whether you use it or not.  I am thinking here of 4mm IKB kits but there could be others.

Is yours kit or scratch built?

So sorry for not responding sooner.  The wagon in question is a Perseverance Mica B.  The instructions said that sometimes they removed the fittings and sometimes just the chain.  The hooks are included but not the chain, I have 4 couplings ,  well that’s what they look like but not something smaller?  If you follow my link below and forwards to the end you will see it almost finished,  with 4 holes in the headstock.  In the pictures below what appears to be the only couplings supplied.  Thanks for your help.

As a p.s.would it have the tie-bars between axles?

A0C326A4-217C-4AE6-8E3C-A77A6F579CDE.jpeg

13CF8CC0-01D4-4291-A68F-B27220CAE149.jpeg

547A116D-183D-4C84-A539-AF114FEFB2DD.jpeg.f2218abdfdf19a9576f959c321d1fcc3.jpeg

Just finished it and the holes don’t show,  In hindsight the safety chain brackets would hardly show.  I think I have seen a photo ages ago but I didn’t find anything on Google. 

Thanks again.

Phil.

Edited by O-Gauge-Phil
Picture added
  • Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• 1 month later...

That's how mine was supposed to turn out, but didn't.....

Axleguard tie bars would not be necessary on a vehicle with clasp brakes. They were intended to counteract the braking force tending to push the guards apart (usually on fitted vehicles).

Nevertheless there was probably at least one example of a vehicle so fitted.

• Informative/Useful 1