Peco 00 turntable LK55 bearing

stewartingram

I'm now about to revive an old (but actually unused) ready-built Peco 00 t/t. I think I may have lost a part of the centre bearing, can anyone provide instructions, a drawing or a pic please?

The centre of the well has the plastic circle with the pickup strip enclosed. The table has a black plastic centre moulding (A) with another moulding (B) glued to it**. This part (B) is inserted from below the well through the centre hole, and is glued to the bottom of (A)**. In the centre of these to parts there is another hole; I suspect there might be a shaft missing from there? I'm looking to fit a Locomotech kit, but haven't contacted them yet.

**In truth, parts (A) & (B) were stuck together in the past, but (B) seems to have snapped off but should be an easy repair.

If the kit is complete (though it needs some cosmetic work), fine.

If there is a missing part, and I can't source/make a replacement, looks like an expensive kit replacement.

Stewart 

Edited by stewartingram

Thanks for that info. So it is a Meccano rod but I have no idea of the diameter, nor how it is secured? But at least a piano wire size is quoted. Maybe a Google later will give me the diameter, or even (when I'm ready) a call to Locomotech. The problem there is that they normally supply their gearbox to fit the standard Peco shaft (ie as above) or bespoke (if they can) to fit other sizes.

My inital thoughts are simply a nail with a largish head which can be glued in the plastic bearing block on the table. If necessary the nail could be trued up in a lathe. 

Thanks,

Stewart

• RMweb Premium
32 minutes ago, stewartingram said:

Thanks for that info. So it is a Meccano rod but I have no idea of the diameter, nor how it is secured? But at least a piano wire size is quoted. Maybe a Google later will give me the diameter, or even (when I'm ready) a call to Locomotech. The problem there is that they normally supply their gearbox to fit the standard Peco shaft (ie as above) or bespoke (if they can) to fit other sizes.

My inital thoughts are simply a nail with a largish head which can be glued in the plastic bearing block on the table. If necessary the nail could be trued up in a lathe. 

Thanks,

Stewart

A Meccano rod is a tight push fit, but I glued mine in with Araldite for good measure as I didn't want it coming loose and upsetting the indexing.

• Thanks 1