Rolling Road Question

Hello

Is it possible to run a rolling road on a curve?

I just bought the dcc concepts 4 axle set for n gauge

i would like to know so then i can test my locos ability on tighter corners

cheers.

Edited by Graham Radish

As a dissatisfied owner of DCC Concepts Rolling Road, I can assure you that the gauge the rollers are set to has nothing to do with the gauge stamped on them.  For the 16.5 mm stamped spacers, I've measured it as far less. So tyou cannot be sure of a meaningful relationship between your loco minimum radius on track and your minimum radius on the rollers.

Andy

22 minutes ago, Andy Reichert said:

As a dissatisfied owner of DCC Concepts Rolling Road, I can assure you that the gauge the rollers are set to has nothing to do with the gauge stamped on them.  For the 16.5 mm stamped spacers, I've measured it as far less. So tyou cannot be sure of a meaningful relationship between your loco minimum radius on track and your minimum radius on the rollers.

Andy

Ok thanks for letting me know, i should imagine it would be pretty easy to make your own spacers with pieces of plastic or wood and make them magnetic.

This question intrigued me so I’ve just popped 6 onto an OO gauge 3rd radius peco curve and a Bachmann 37 atop them - works like a dream 

Don’t have any N gauge currently but I would imagine it will perform the same

Karl

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, corax67 said:

This question intrigued me so I’ve just popped 6 onto an OO gauge 3rd radius peco curve and a Bachmann 37 atop them - works like a dream 

Don’t have any N gauge currently but I would imagine it will perform the same

Karl

Just what i wanted to hear my friend, great news, this will save me a lot of messing about!

Ill now make a test bed with an old cheeseboard i have lying around

Edited by Graham Radish