New Hornby HST New Measurement Train

cjs11

22 minutes ago, martin_l_jones said:

I’ve written to Hornby twice about this, allocated a ticket number so they’ve had my complaint but had no reply. I’m going to ring customer services next week and follow up.

I have also spoken with ROS and they have no idea about replacement bodies being manufactured, but let’s hope Hornby are keeping it close to their chest....

This post is all we have I think.

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/155393-new-Hornby-hst-new-measurement-train/&do=findComment&comment=4062110

6 hours ago, Class 158 productions said:

Glad Hornby seem to be making reparations for the mistake, was this an issue with the tampo printing/printer or Was Hornbys  artwork incorrect? Cheers 

I'd expect that it was printing, whilst they have made errors on the set I'd be amazed if they made them droopy on purpose. Also I think there is some inconsistency on the error itself, whilst it seems to be on all of them some look worse than others.

Edited by TomScrut
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 14/08/2020 at 16:40, martin_l_jones said:

I’ve written to Hornby twice about this, allocated a ticket number so they’ve had my complaint but had no reply. I’m going to ring customer services next week and follow up.

I have also spoken with ROS and they have no idea about replacement bodies being manufactured, but let’s hope Hornby are keeping it close to their chest....

Same here. I wrote to Hornby a few weeks ago and had a reply stating they were looking into the issue but that no resolution had been decided upon with no mention of replacement bodies.

3 hours ago, TonyMay said:

In which the presenter demonstrates he doesn't know how to pronounce H properly.  It's just as irritating as the Hattons bloke who can't pronounce his th sounds.

Do we really need to point out errors when people may/may not have a speech defect??? Sorry that no one else is as perfect as you...

Edited by MGR Hooper!
  • Like 2
  • Agree 6

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, martin_l_jones said:

Had a reply from Hornby Quality department. Replacement bodies are in production and should hopefully be shipped next month.

Did they give any indication about how they would be distributed?  By the retailer or direct from Hornby?

Thanks

Roddy

9 minutes ago, Roddy Angus said:

Did they give any indication about how they would be distributed?  By the retailer or direct from Hornby?

Thanks

Roddy

I messaged Hornby directly and got a reply direct. I would speak directly to them as it doesn't sound like it's an automatic thing.

On 17/09/2020 at 17:32, Roddy Angus said:

Thanks

Roddy

I would suggest you contact Hornby direct with your details.

That way as soon as they arrive a set will be despatched to you.

Edited by martin_l_jones

In which the presenter demonstrates he doesn't know how to pronounce H properly.  It's just as irritating as the Hattons bloke who can't pronounce his th sounds.

On 28/08/2020 at 04:40, MGR Hooper! said:

Do we really need to point out errors when people may/may not have a speech defect??? Sorry that no one else is as perfect as you...

Is this an aitch vs. haitch thing? It's not a speech defect, it's a regional difference in pronunciation. Flat vowels bother me more, but that's just because I'm a southern pansy.

But this has just led be to appreciate, as a kettle man, how beautiful the HST really is. I'm glad that I have Hornby's FGW 125 (R2812) with dynamic lines carriages. It makes a truly eye-catching train.

• Agree 1

On 17/09/2020 at 23:21, shunny said:

I requested mine through local shop same as body for recent construction class 60 so both ways are an option but shop had to request them via Hornby rep.

Have you had any updates, I presume the bodies must be available if the new batch is corrected.

5 hours ago, martin_l_jones said:

Have you had any updates, I presume the bodies must be available if the new batch is corrected.

The rep advised Hornby had decided to produce new bodies but production slot was still being arrange and he could not give a date, there are more Scotrail hst's due this year so maybe done around this time although they are not the buffered version that are in NR yellow. 

24 minutes ago, martin_l_jones said:

But I've been told by a model shop that the new stock of the train packs they have has been corrected for the error.

My email also said available in November, maybe they are early ?

I would expect mid production Hornby realised the problem and corrected it, but before we complained and therefore before they reacted to us.

There was the situation where Hornby said

"here in 2 weeks"

"Postponed"

"Here"

All in the space of a fortnight IIRC. Could have been to do with this.

• 2 months later...
16 minutes ago, bart2day said:

Same here. I look forward to seeing how easy they are to fit. I, perhaps somewhat optimistically, told them I could do it myself.

Assuming you are capable of using a flat headed screwdriver, it will be very simple I expect.

• Like 1
  • Funny 2