New Hornby HST New Measurement Train

cjs11

1 hour ago, TomScrut said:

One replacement turned up today, 43014. Does anybody know if they have replaced both (I'm sure both have the issue) and I'll get another in due course or whether they did just one?

Interestingly I've had 43013, how bizarre, I really hope they know that they are different bodies and need to send a set out.....

Edited by martin_l_jones

2 hours ago, TomScrut said:

Likewise with 43013 to me!

Sounds like they didn't know there were two or something?

Your dead right, I explained that in my email. That there were two bodies in the pack and they were numbered 43013 and 43014.

I think they've done really well on correcting this considering everything that's going on these days.

• Agree 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/12/2020 at 16:07, TomScrut said:

43013 body turned up today

No number on the RH side. Anybody else's like this?

I contacted Hornby about replacement bodies on Monday and they arrived yesterday.

No missing numbers or printing on mine so spot on!

I know this should have been correct  from the factory but top marks to Hornby for sorting the issue out.

Thanks

Martin

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Just a note to say the R3679 Network Rail HST I received had replacement body shells already fitted - but very poorly. To the extent that not all of the screws were properly seated. A warning for anyone buying these that it is definitely worth inspecting them on arrival, especially if you aren't likely to run them for a while.

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 25/06/2020 at 17:41, big jim said:

Just run it at scale top speed you’ll never notice! 

Funny how there comments about a wonky decal spoiling the model but (most) people are happy to have incorrect painted out windows on the matching coaches

Not everyone will have the knowledge regarding the windows - however, the wonky decals are quite clear for anyone to see.

Do the people who worry about the windws also worry about the wheels being too close together (unless they model in P4/EM) ?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, SamThomas said:

Not everyone will have the knowledge regarding the windows - however, the wonky decals are quite clear for anyone to see.

Do the people who worry about the windws also worry about the wheels being too close together (unless they model in P4/EM) ?

I think it is important to differentiate between a screw up and a compromise to allow the model to be made/be at the price it is.

• Agree 2