EXCLUSIVE N Gauge Caledonian Sleepers by KMS Railtech

KMS Railtech

KMS Railtech announce EXCLUSIVE N Gauge Sleeper sets

We are very proud to announce that we have commissioned Dapol to produce 3 twin packs of their soon to be released Mk3 Sleepers.

We are offering the following sets limited to 200 each:

2P-006-KMS1 - Stag Teal Livery twin pack.

436078027_NGaugeSleeperStag.png.87e389ecf05569c35795058bb3dc06ea.png

2P-006-KMS2 - First Caledonian Sleeper "Barbie" with White Strip twin pack.

1829338662_NGaugeSleeperWhiteStripe.png.701166e211c94c837b88ccd2d83c7ff4.png

2P-006-KMS3 - First Caledonian Sleeper "Barbie" with Gold Stipe and No Stipe twin pack.

779824366_NGaugeSleeperGoldStrip.png.ce87354a124632c55941288617ff1a17.png

These can all be pre ordered on our website for a 10% minimum deposit. You can choose to pay more now if you wish. We will invoice you the remainder when the items are on their way to us so we can ship them to you as soon as they arrive!

They are expected sometime in Q3 along with the standard release MK3 Sleepers from Dapol. Of course we also have plenty of these on order too, as well as other N gauge Exclusives such as our ScotRail Inter7City HST 4+2 set! See them all HERE

• Like 2

We've decided to add another twin pack to the list!

Un-branded White Stripe "Barbie" livery twin pack:

2P-006-KMS4.png.2b0256f41013be8ffbbe7c3c6b885eb1.png

These will go perfectly with our 3 previously announced twin packs, bridging the gap between the "First" and "Stag" liveries!

Pre order from our site from as little as a 10% deposit. (you choose how much). They are due along with all the other Dapol sleepers in Q3 this year!

• Like 2

Hallo,

Back in the days of Farish coaches with clear sides and printed designs, I wrote to Farish after they announced their purple ScotRail sleepers saying it made no sense to release the MK3s without the MK2s. The artwork for the RFB could be used for the RLO (adjust the colours in the layers) only new artwork was required for the BUO.

I got the reply that it was not a viable project..... 

Vinyls were avaible back then from Amyses (I think that was the name).

BachFar would only need to tool up for a BUO (the RFB could be used at a push). But would they....

es grüßt 

pc

36 minutes ago, KMS Railtech said:

The MK2s - Stay tuned!

We have the same gripes as you guys as modellers, not just in 2mm! So yes, we are looking to "fix" this.

Hallo

great news, I would buy if the MK2s are produced, so will wait for an announcement. Pressing my thumbs as we say in Germany.

es grüßt 

pc

16 minutes ago, Padishar Creel said:

Hallo

great news, I would buy if the MK2s are produced, so will wait for an announcement. Pressing my thumbs as we say in Germany.

es grüßt 

pc

Thanks for the message.

The MK2 if we do them, will definitely not be around at the same time as the MK3 in this run. These sleepers are a livery change to an already tooled model. The MK2 lounge cars would be a new model entirely and will therefore be quite some time in the future I'm afraid. This too is an annoyance of ours that in time we'd like to change. Accurascale are doing a good job here with production of full rakes at one time. Granted, not everyone wants a full rake, but it makes it a total lottery if you do want a rake as you never know when or if the remainder of that rake will ever be produced!

• Like 1

Good evening all. 

we’d like to thank everyone who’s placed a pre order so far. The good news is you’ve all guaranteed yourself the sets you want when they arrive in around September time!

For those that haven’t ordered yet and are hoping to just purchase when they arrive, these are proving very popular and we expect them to be nearly sold out by the time they arrive! We suggest you pre order now to avoid any disappointment. It’s only a 10% deposit, so not a huge outlay, but will guarantee you a set!

• RMweb Gold

Hi there,

Thanks for doing these. I have gone for the Caledonian Sleeper Stag pair and the unbranded Scotrail blue, so I can recreate a Fort William train at some point.

They’ll go nicely with my Caledonian Sleeper 67.

Cheers

Ben A.

• Agree 1

I seem to have gone for the same ones as Ben for similar reasons.

Would also be v interested in the Mk 2s in these liveries and the Scotrail livery in the main Dapol range.

Whilst doing so an HST seems to have fallen into my basket too!

If these Dapol commissions continue to sell well, might I suggest the new Scotrail 153 for consideration?

Thanks from me too for producing these

Rob

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

I'm really conflicted on these! I've got a full set of Electra vinyl fitted Farish mk2s and 3s, but the Dapol coaches are nicer, but then... no mk2s (yet). Decisions, decisions!

1 hour ago, njee20 said:

I'm really conflicted on these! I've got a full set of Electra vinyl fitted Farish mk2s and 3s, but the Dapol coaches are nicer, but then... no mk2s (yet). Decisions, decisions!

Totally unbiased opinion?

do it! :-)

you can always have a north and south bound rake!

• Like 1

Hi Gang,

KMS have ‘hinted’ that a couple of Mk2s may be feasible in the future which would be great news. I cannot put my finger on the actual comments at the moment due to poor bandwidth.

Have ordered a couple of Stag and a couple of unbranded First versions. I had ordered the branded First before the others were added, but it should be easy to remove the logos should I wish to after I get them.

Will make a nice now and then comparison once the Revolution Mk5s hit the streets...with the prospect of running both together for a small period in time as highland/ lowland sleepers..

later,

Stu in EGYP.

Are Mk2 RLO lounge coaches for the Caledonian identical to Mk2f FO with respect to the body?
Graham Farish will release an Mk2f FO soon. Thus could we envisage a repainted version as a special edition?

Dreaming that KMS said Mk2 RLO could be done in the future... :wub:

On 25/06/2020 at 03:31, MGR Hooper! said:

Anyone with details regarding prototypical formations? I'm interested in the CS Stag livery coaches

The two ‘First’ branded packs would have run together. 

There were only two stag MK3s painted so in theory you only need one pack, however personally I have a 16 coach rake in 4mm because that’s what ‘should’ have happened!

The stags go with the un branded pair and you could have up to 5 packs with the stag to make 12 sleepers (plus 4 mk2). However, in theory at least there would have been a crossover of branded and unbranded with the stag. 

There was only one gold stripe and one ’no stripe’ coach too, so you could go I stag and one gold/no stripe pack, and two unbranded and two branded white stripes to give the twelve sleepers. these run from Glasgow/Edinburgh to London and back. 

alternately, you can run as little as one twin pack with 2 mk2s. For example the Aberdeen portion sometime has two sleepers, sometimes 4. Inverness and Fort William are (I believe) the same. 

This is just my own experience though, I’m sure there are more knowledgeable people on the subject!

Mike

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi Gang,

Just been sent the request for balance payment for these sleepers, specifically the KMS1 & 2 variants. No invoice for the KMS4 yet although delivery day is scheduled to also be today. 
It took a little bit of ingenuity to navigate the order history to get to the right page to pay the balance but all seemed to work ok in the end. 
Looking forward to these arriving to go with the newly arrived Revolution 92.

Later,

Stu from EGDL.