Greenwood station and Depot

Georgie!!

Evening stuart

Cheers for the boost of confidence it would be a shame to stop the layout for something smaller. But its hard to really explain I just feel like my eyes are bigger than my belly sort of way, the layout is the largest layout I have ever created and I tried for a small layout but some how managed making plans for a 16ft layout.

I think I might cut it down just have one fiddle yard so that would put the layout down to 12ft size, thats a bit better size??

I am sort of new to railway modelling only being doing it for about a year and half so everyday I learn something new.

Its hard thing, I will try and continue for now and see what I can pop up with.

I never know the layout could become me pal and let me 'Play Trains' biggrin.gif

Cheers stuart

George

George,

Don't give up on this. If you look at what I have done so far on my layout, that has taken me best part of 11 months. Doubts and ideas will always spring up, unless the idea is right then ignore these doubts. The only major doubt I had was modern image stock, the lack of Sound on board models, so I moved to BR Blue era. I also got bit by the 1980s Scottish Gallery on here. I sympathise with the financial side of things, as will a lot of members on here. There isn't a month go buy when I see a loco or something I want on EBay or in my local shop, I just have to say I can't afford it, and get what I need.

There will always be words of encouragement from members on here, so keep up the good work. As they say "Rome wasn't built in a day".

Cheers

Alex

Morning Alex

your completley correctabout Rome biggrin.gif laugh.gif I dont think I will ever be able to afford a sound loco, I would really love a class 66 and just listen to it Ying Yinging away but I know I cant afford, well until I apprenticeship biggrin.gif (when ever Engineering picks up) And like my parents pointed out to me im 17 and the owners of Hendre Lane and Cement Quay are a lot older and have got years of exsperience under there belts and I only have 1 and half so really they started somewhere proberbly one daywink.gif I am going to keep at it until I reach an absolute point when I cant seem to either get things right or have finished!! I will keep getting inspiration and try and see what size type of layout I am actually after so for now Greenwood is safe and I will keep at it wink.gif

Looked at your Blog the other day will deffinetly keep an eye on your Logging area something completely different wink.gif biggrin.gif

Cheers

George

Good day all,

This morning just before driving lesson (oh yes one more boyracer on the roadslaugh.gif ) there was a rather loud knock at the door, it was the postmanohmy.gif He gave me a big parcel and when I opened it, it was:-

Yes the new Bachmann Class 66 66152 in DB Schenker livery. May I say what a loco!! I think I might continue building me layoutwink.gif cool.gif

Commemnts welcome!!

George

Looks to me like you're making good progress. I'm 22 myself, and I agree it can be daunting when you compare your own efforts to those of someone with decades of experience. Just got to keep at it and hope you get there one day laugh.gif

Afternoon all,

Cheers for the comment Ragtagbiggrin.gif

This afternoon I thought why give up?? im just wasting me money doing that!! So I now plan to keep going until the endwink.gif

So this afternoon I found an old loco-ish shed my fuelling points, one knightwing the other Bachmann, and the washing point which is Bachmann too and I placed them all on the layout added bits scenery around them put the yard tower lights in position to see how it would all look. and to me it locos pretty goodbiggrin.gif I am now glad I didnt rip it up for something else!! the Class 66 seems to be enjoying himself in the TMD after its check in the shed, a little bit of diesel and then a liitle washbiggrin.gif

I curruntly have a tube of ballast but its sand, what do you all think it would look like if I use this up around the Depot?? once its gone hard I can always wash it with black and brown paints to make it grubby?? or do I just use fine scale normal grey ballast and give this the same treatment?? but I would have to purchase a packsad.gif

Anyways leave us a comment on what you think, all comments are welcomeicon_thumbsup2.gif

Pictures below of the new depot area:-

Cheers

George

George

Im sure the sand will be okay as ballast, have a look at Matt Godwins "Hallenby" thread where he has used sand around his depot area very successfully.

Hi Ian

Cheers for that I will look more closer at Hallenby icon_thumbsup2.gif

I have put sand down last night and its dry now so I will see how Hallenby wetheared theresicon_e_biggrin.gif

Cheers Ian

George

Evening all,

Late last night, after collision brilliant show, anyway I decided to put the sand ballast down around the depot. I have only done the three lines around the fueling points to see what it looks like. After college I came home and all was dry so I attacked the ballast with lots of weeds!! so it still looks like a beech but with a bit of green toobiggrin.gif Photos below of work done:-

I also have re-started my Workbench Blog. I am going to create a little tiny layout but this time one that is long enough for a class 66 pulling one small wagon and thats it. Its going to be one line and it will be small enough so that I can throw it in the garden and get some real photos of the locos. I am going to start wethearing the locos and detailing them to there best, but this will only start once powders have arrived and the board is more or less completed!! I will keep you all posted on that biggrin.gif

Photos below, sorry about qualitysad.gif

Cheers

George

Hi all

Well... Greenwood... He got put to sleep at the weekend.... only until xmasish time when I have more ideas and model items to stick on the layoutsad.gif biggrin.gif and then it will be up and running again.

at the weekend I managed to get all the depot area ballasted though so one board is still waiting to dry until it gets put to one side.

So I thought what do I do now... Well I went into the garage and came across a board that is 3ft long and 1ft and a bit wide!! so its perfect for a little project!! It will be called JESSOP YARD so look out for a new thread on here. It will be a little TMD with fueling point and hopefully a washing facility!! allthough its only 3ft it still can hols a total of six locos at one time. All the work will mainly be Scratchbuilt to create intrest and a couple of camos to make it intresting!! It will be OO gauge and will be modern day traction!!

Keep an eye out for JESSOP YARD!! biggrin.gif

Cheers

George

Archived