Some scratch-built card models od Dunstable

For some time now, I have been steadily working on a OO scale Layout loosely based on Dunstable.  As I now live about 13,000 miles away and was getting close to my 5th birthday when we left there, it has been a challenge to get sufficient information and details, but persistence has paid off.

The Dunstable branch was a single line, so using 'modeller's licence' I have made it largely double track.  I used to operate a hobby shop in the Aussie town where I live, but closed it some years ago. There is no local retailer stocking the same sort of goods that I did, so buying suitable raw materials has been a problem. I solved that by building with card, and now really enjoy doing so.

Here is a video covering some of the work to date. There is still a very long way to go.-   The two stations are scratch-built with details obtained from photographs alone. The house shown as 205 Jeans Way is where I was born. The terrace is actually much longer but had to be chopped to fit. I used old family photos plus help from Google Earth to build that.

I took the liberty of making a modified downloaded kit building into a shop with the same logo as I used here in Leongatha- Hawley's His and Her Hobbies. Even though my real shop was only single storey. Some of the background buildings are temporary ones, downloaded and built to learn techniques

I am happy to discuss any of my modelling methods with people, but rarely visit this Forum, so if you have questions or comments, please be patient, or alternatively e-mail to roverdriverp4@gmail.com

• Like 9

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Great modelling.   Excellent scratch built buildings. Intrigued as to what is the factory at about 7.19 . Talk about dark, satanic mills!

Great see your trains travel at realistic speeds!

• 3 months later...