Model Rail #275 July 2020

grahame

Another good issue, but I do find it strange that the article that I would have paid good money for isn't even mentioned in any of the emails nor on the cover. If I wasn't a subscriber anyway that it. I might have missed it if I was just looking at the magazines in a shop.

That's the article on the Lickey Banker. Mentions of hedges, churches and the like are fine, but aren't people interested in locomotives anymore? Especially such an iconic one such as Big Emma (or Bertha).

More articles like that please.  But "A weekend" to build it!

That build would take me much longer than a weekend. :laugh:

Jason

Found the suggested 8 x 4 Rickmansworth interesting but plainly the track plan shows its age with the use of first radius  curves that will foul many current locomotives. Playing in Anyrail, the two R604s on the link line that forms a reverse loop can easily be replaced along with the indicated R608 and R600 by a R601, 2 R610s and a R8261 fourth radus curve; there is a very slight misalignment between the straights and the fourth radius curve which can readily be overcome by slightly moving the pieces or more realistically using a length of flex of 413.5mm length if use of the setrack curve is kept and obviously longer if that is also replaced.

The other first radius R604 curve is weirdly on the outer climbing track almost parallel to a level one and togther with adjacent R610 can be replaced by a R606 second radius curve and a slightly longer length of flex to its left .

Edited by Butler Henderson