Painting and Gluing Polyurethane resin parts

Hi all

I've cast some parts for a building from my own moulds that I've made and I'm wondering now... 

a) What's the best type of paint to use on the parts?

b) Do I need to prepare the surface before painting?

c) What's the best glue to use to fix the parts together with?

Hope you can help!

Cheers

Len

superglue is quite similar chemically, so bonds really perfectly - you dont tend to get ANY repositioning time, also dont touch the bottle of superglue to the resin part or it will all solidify, transfer the glue to a bit of scrap plastic, then from the plastic to the resin with a cocktail stick.

Jon

• RMweb Gold

Apparently some people who are allergic or sensitive to CA/ Super glue use ordinary PVA. The technique is to spread a thin layer on both parts where they will be fixed together and allow that to dry until it's tacky and then spread a thin layer on one of the pieces and bring them together and apply pressure/clamp until the glue dries. I think they recommend roughing up the surfaces to be joined before applying the glue. Read about the technique on Gnatterbox the Gn15 forum. Simon

I  assemble mine with Everbuild  ca from our local £ shop and   u/c with a Halfords grey primer from a rattle can but degrease with Viakal or Cif srubbed with an old tooth brush. If you break a piece off, maybe a roof corner or have hole to fill mix some c/a with almost any very fine powder. I use baby powder but have used baking powder.  Just build it up leave to go hard and shape or file to suit. Works a treat.

• Agree 1