Lima dmu 117 dcc conversion

Blackeunos

Hope one of you guys might be able help with a problem.I have installed a dcc conversion board that has resisters built in for leds Once on the track all lights work fine motor runs but as soon as it leaves one piece of track the dcc controller shows an issue, Gaugemast prodigy move the dmu back to its original position all OK.have tried holding the dmu and just let the wheels skid and it's fine. Also when I place the dummy car on the track I get an instant issue on the controller.The other issue is when on the program track I can't change the address from the default 3. Have tried another chip still the same. my next step is to try one of the other boards, but thought I would try here first. I should say all my other locos work fine on the track. I have tried the program track with another loco and it's fine.

hope someone can assist please

Just a quick update as I have solved the issue. Problem was previous owner had taken apart the non powered bogey and put one of the axels back the wrong way meaning on one side was an insulated wheel and a non insulated wheel causing a short. Once I reversed the axel all fine. That's the problem of buying second hand bits. Hope this helps anyone else 

• Informative/Useful 1

• 1 year later...