Having a bad day

zedcell

Hi can anyone give me some  advice with a problem with a electrofrog point have converted approx 40 peco code 75 points operated via cobalt analogue point motors and everything was running fine.

Just recently one started playing up it was ok when set to diverge but  loco would stall when set straight.

Originally thought it was a bad solder connection to the dropper re-soldered and found locos now stall when set to diverge also.

Checked power to points and found the frog area has no power, so i suspected the polarity switch on the cobalt was faulty changed the cobalt motor re-checked all connections and have still no power in the frog area.

Edited by zedcell
spelling

• RMweb Gold

If the loco was originally OK in one direction then it can't be the Cobalt. Could be the internal wiring under the frog has failed. You might need two dropper wires - one to each side of the frog if that's the case. Have a couple of points like that now on my layout.

Do you have a multimeter? In which case see if all 4 parts of the frog rail have continuity to each other.