Micro-plank

Guest Jack Benson

Guest Jack Benson

Hi, 
a very happy Sunday, the Matrix DHG700 has arrived from Essen, it  is a marriage of Marklin body on Trix chassis.

IMG_0076a_800.jpg.c69b1c2b9f2a49fb8f8126d559b13ba6.jpg

It is very much a plain Jane but it conveys the power and 'heft' of the prototype perfectly.

DL06_Neukoellnische_Bruecke_20080301.jpg.0d49ff3d69a72d0fa7de77e852b536e1.jpg

DL06 of the Berlin Industrie System, loco build year 1983. This ran through the streets of Treptow near our Berlin office, always an impressive sight.

Cheers and Stay Safe

Guest Jack Benson

Steve,

I have not removed the body but the loco works perfectly over Peco turnouts, never stalls and excellent control on DC. I can only repeat Neil Ripley’s endorsement as an excellent industrial shunter.

Cheers and Stay Safe

Guest Jack Benson

Hi,

After adding some more details, my interest in MicroPlank has been rekindled, the ease of transport and its unique appeal. It works just as well as a home layout, a simple shunting sequence takes 15mins of concentrated effort, more than enough if it ever went on the exhibition circuit.

Cheers and Stay Safe

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Jack Benson said:

Due to continuing ill health, the MicroPlank is being offered for sale on eBay, the auction commences at 19:00 on 1st Oct

The stock is not offered and will be sold separately.

Thank you

Sorry to hear that, Jack - wishing you a speedy recovery. Somebody will be winning a very neat little shunting plank! I have to say that I particularly like the warehouse on the right hand side - the rear wall of the goods shed kit; it has that "industrial estate" look about it.

Guest Jack Benson

Steve,

The layout spends its existence tucked under Beaminster Road layout, it never sees any use and yet it would be perfect for someone wanting a minimal space shunting plank. There are more details waiting to be added and I will revise the photos as required.

IMG_0127.JPG.875127da1fc76823a28e77e80ad53430.JPG

Thanks for your comment

Cheers and Stay Safe

Edited by Jack Benson

Guest Jack Benson

Hi,

This morning, we finally boxed the plank ready for whoever buys it. A couple of final images taken in a rather cool workshop.

IMG_0132.JPG.a779a152a94b60b7ff31b2ebed7f7821.JPG

IMG_0133.JPG.a8a5493c923b07904a181f0b1ade05a7.JPG

Cheers and Stay Safe