DCC sounds for brake van

AMJ

Looking online Soundtraxx do an interesting product - Tsunami sound car decoder.  See links below.

Just wondering if there is a UK equivalent as the addition of sounds and lighting control to a brake van might be of interest to UK users.  

Idea could be controllable

Tail light (FRED in USA)

Stove glow

inside light

guards whistle (from the van not the loco)

wheel noises

sounds from carried goods

brake noises - those of us who do run 12":1' will comment about brake tests etc

https://soundtraxx.com/products/tsunami-soundcar/tsunami-soundcar-digital-sound-decoder

Guide https://soundtraxx.com/content/Reference/Manuals/SoundCar/soundcar_usersguide.pdf

Manual https://soundtraxx.com/content/Reference/Manuals/SoundCar/soundcar_techreference.pdf 

If you don't subscribe to the YouTube channel George B does many interesting videos explaining the features of the products and DCC in general.

7 hours ago, Albie the plumber said:

Something to watch out for the future .

Would love the sound effects of a passing rake of coaches or wagons

Agree. What's the point of sound in the loco and ignoring the train behind it ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Richard Croft said:

I bought a brake van with the intention of fitting sound to it, Wheeltappers said he can do me a sound file for it, I just need to decide which sounds to have on it

Richard

Hi Richard I think there is a big market for someone like Hornby with TTS to do coaches and wagons with a variety of suitable sounds...ie diddly dum diddly dum if you pardon the phrase. I think Zimo and esu price point is too high to fit this market and arguably their fidelity counts against them when you want a relatively simple set of sounds - most of which are mostly for play value. 

• Agree 1

The Soundtraxx product is priced between TTS and a normal decoder but has no motor control.  They can be used in coaches for the rear light control (such as in a DVT) in addition to sounds.

They can be added into a consist with the loco so that the wheel sounds along with application of brakes matches the loco.

On 16/06/2020 at 02:25, Albie the plumber said:

Legomanbiffo's class 86/87/90/91 also contain an option to turn on Mk3 coach wail. DVT sound decoders are also available which provide the same as well as other sounds from the DVT end.

Some of my recent Youchoos steam decoders have coach/wagon rattle.

So sound project suppliers are adding sounds such as what you mentioned. It takes time to add them to everything in the range though.

Ballasted track is a little too noisy for much more, even when glued with something more quiet than PVA (which I refuse to use for this & other reasons).

On 16/06/2020 at 02:25, Albie the plumber said:

Legomanbiffo's class 86/87/90/91 also contain an option to turn on Mk3 coach wail. DVT sound decoders are also available which provide the same as well as other sounds from the DVT end.

Some of my recent Youchoos steam decoders have coach/wagon rattle.

So sound project suppliers are adding sounds such as what you mentioned. It takes time to add them to everything in the range though.

Ballasted track is a little too noisy for much more, especially when it has been glued with PVA like a large number of modellers seem to use (I dislike it for this & other reasons).

• Like 1