H & A Models

Black5

• RMweb Premium

Hi,

First encountered them at the Glasgow show this year; knowledgeable and helpful.  Ordered from them for the first time a couple of weeks ago; very quick turn around.

Regards,

Alex.

• Like 1

Agreed - an excellent source of kits but also the wheels and detailing accessories to go with them. Often seen at Glasgow (not a short trek from Northamptonshire!), and their mail order service is very good too. Always a pleasure to deal with.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

Harry and Andrea are a great couple, very helpful and always seem to have the kit and accessories you want (or even dont want! ).   Been trying to get them to come to DEMU Showcase for years but it always clashes with their annual family holiday.

• Agree 1

Agreed, and Harry is a modeller as well, which is all reflected in the modelling products he and Andrea sell, and what us modellers are looking for.  Certainly they are not a box shifters!  All power to their elbow!  (AM)

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

To echo what’s been said, further excellent service here.  Found them whilst looking for a supplier of Red Panda kits (specifically the BR 10ft clasp brake underframe).  This morphed into a larger order when I found how much else they carried.  The following day I get a phone call first thing, being a cretin I’d missed the house number off my address.  Once rectified I get an email 5 minutes later to say it’s been despatched and under 48 hours later this arrives.  Can’t say fairer than that, highly recommended and will definitely use again.

2C5F07AE-5009-43CA-BB6C-E9CFD1D5A71D.jpeg.937c801bc45f2e9ab2dce4fe92ec08b1.jpeg

Owain

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

And to put the tin lid on the customer service, earlier today received an email from Harry, had my parcel arrived, because it was still listed as ‘for delivery’ with Hermes?  I replied, confirming it arrival and complimenting him on his excellent customer service.  Guess who’s getting an order for some wheels and a kit or two next week.

Owain

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Had an interesting email today from Harry concerning their postage which by changing their courier service allows paint, solvents, flux, varnishes etc to be posted for a very reasonable £3.95

Dear Customer

We wanted to inform you of changes to our UK shipping methods & prices.

Due to negative feedback from customers concerning MyHermes & our own ongoing issues with them (damaged & lost parcels, excessive delays in delivery), we have taken the decision to move away from MyHermes & renegotiate shipping rates with the courier we use for sending Precision Paint/Solvents/Flux/Glue etc.  We have been very pleased with their service, with positive customer feedback regarding the care taken to ensure the orders arrive in good time & condition. 

Therefore our new maximum shipping rate for UK Customers will now be £3.95.  This allows for Precision Paint/Solvents/Flux/Glue to be included with orders at no extra shipping cost.  We are confident that the more reliable service with a 2/3 day delivery will prove to be a benefit for our customers.  Next day delivery can be booked by telephone at additional cost on 01933 355531.

Using this courier does mean that orders placed after 11.30am will not be be despatched until the the next working day and orders placed at weekends (i.e. after 11.30am on Friday, Saturday & Sunday) will be despatched on the following Monday (or in the event of a bank Holiday, on Tuesday). 

Small items (Bearings, Decals, Buffers, Couplings etc) will continue to be sent via Royal Mail either Large Letter (First Class signed for) or standard First Class.

There are no changes to overseas shipping rates as we use Royal Mail Tracked & we cannot ship 'Dangerous Goods' i.e. liquids overseas.

We hope this will resolve the issues we have been experiencing and provide our customers with a more reliable service.

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium

Hi folks,

It's great to see a retailer who is upfront about why they are having to change their methods.  (I have had increasing numbers of problems with the same courier.)  The one that H&A use for their paint orders was fine when they delivered to me last month.  It's also good to see a business use a licensed courier rather than sneak it into the Royal Mail.

Regards,

Alex.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1