JAMISON COACH Kits.

There are a couple on EBay at the moment.

Both are described at 64’6” and one is a brake composite, the other a composite. Sorry not my era so not sure of the prototype. ( the description says BR but they have end doors and a centre door so.....)

The box describes them as “all metal construction = no soldering”. I guess that means that the sides and roof are performed as one piece - not totally sure though.

Jon

• Thanks 1

I assume that Jamieson coach kits mainly go unnoticed unless they are still with their boxes, plus at the time there were lots of wooden coach kits available which may have been cheaper.

Not knowingly having one in my hands I have no idea if they have any unique telltale manufacturing marks/items like the locos 

Edited by hayfield
  • Thanks 1

These coach kits were made of brass. There were at least Mk1 coaches and LMS porthole coaches. Some or possibly all LMS coaches may have been shaped to a Mk1 coach profile with Mk1 coach windows but weren't some late LMS coaches a different shape? Coaches consisted of a wrap round brass body, wooden, floor, two bits of bent brass as underframe trussing, hardboard ends, with extra angled brass shapes for Mk1 ends. Roof ventilators were pressed into the brass shell a bit like they are on Exley aluminium coaches. I am not sure if Jamieson made additional parts you could buy or you had to rely on other suppliers as sometimes kits are accompanied by other bits. I  think I have identified the following from photos from eBay auctions in the past. There may be others and I am not exactly sure of the some of the coach designations looking only at a brass shell:

Mk1

- BCK

- CK

- SK/TSO

- BSK 

- FK or FO

LMS Porthole

- SK

- BTK

They are uncommon to find but not sort after either!

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1