If you are after something in particular post your wanted ad here.

Hattons PM-01 point motor extension pins

MarkSG

Does anyone have a spare extension pin for a Hattons PM-01 point motor? I've managed to lose one (it fell off when I was repositioning a point motor that was slightly off-centre), and no amount of crawling around on the floor has revealed it!

I could just buy a new point motor, of course, as that will come with an extension pin. But, that does seem a bit like a sledgehammer to crack a nut!

27 minutes ago, jackrussel said:

Hi do you know if they are the same as the Peco extension pins, i may have one can check later,i have never used Hattons motors 

I don't know, I don't have any Peco point motors or extension pins. Although I suppose there's no harm in buying one to see; it's cheaper than buying an entire point motor just for the pin.

• RMweb Gold
18 hours ago, MarkSG said:

Does anyone have a spare extension pin for a Hattons PM-01 point motor? I've managed to lose one (it fell off when I was repositioning a point motor that was slightly off-centre), and no amount of crawling around on the floor has revealed it!

I could just buy a new point motor, of course, as that will come with an extension pin. But, that does seem a bit like a sledgehammer to crack a nut!

Hi MarkSG,

If you can get in touch directly with our customer team via info@hattons.co.uk or giving us a call on 0151 733 3655, we can see what we can do for you here.

Cheers

Dave

1 hour ago, Hattons Dave said:

If you can get in touch directly with our customer team via info@hattons.co.uk or giving us a call on 0151 733 3655, we can see what we can do for you here.

I did actually do that first, and was told you didn't have any! But I've ordered the Peco ones suggested by jackrussel, so I'll wait and see if they fit before doing anything else.

• 2 weeks later...

For reference, the Peco ones do fit. So the problem is solved, and my faulty point is now working again!

I suppose it's not that surprising that the extenders are interchangeable. After all, they're all designed to fit the same trackwork, and all the RTR points seem to have the same size hole for a point motor pin. So it's reasonable that the pins themselves are all the same diameter. In terms of dimensions and basic functionality, solenoid point motors are much of a muchness. The differences between them mainly come down to build quality and value for money.