Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Lego Class Ce 6/8 Crocodile

Arrived at 13.00 finished at 18.20 and a very enjoyable alternative to normal modelling, smiled all the way through !

1885472919_croc1.jpg.5cb7cb2e4d70d56cfc47e00f1e59b079.jpg

It has been part of my recuperation from a hospital visit and no real problems with the build.

It will be handed to my grandson at some point in the future.

G

• Like 9

• 5 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

I got hold of mine on Christmas Day, after it was squirrelled away for several months. I've since spent a couple of days playing building it slowly with my boys. I enjoyed the whole thing. Not put the motor in it ... yet ... but it is in the box waiting to be fitted. Maybe tomorrow. 

• RMweb Premium

I've only just caught up with this thread. My kit came to me as  a 70th birthday present in mid-July and was built in a couple of days of gentle and enjoyable work.

What was most noticeable is how near the Lego size is to "O" scale - although not quite compatible:

P1080519.jpg.67f1738ca16e8c6354f4f8dc8af8300e.jpg

One day I must get the Rai-Mo kit built - I've only had that kit for about 35 years!

Regards

Chris H

• Like 2

On 21/06/2020 at 21:14, Joseph_Pestell said:

I don't think that it is rivet-counting to ask why they have made it so narrow. Rather spoils the look.

I had not previously considered Lego for the garden railway. Would it be robust enough for public use?

Yes, robust enough for moderate public use- Southern California Lego Train Club used (?) to setup at the San Diego Model Railway Museum for 50 days/year, and run trains for up to 8 hrs/day.  That's with 9V (track powered), rather than with PF or Powered UP! (no I don't come up with the marketing names...).   

That being said, think of it as being a toy, and that if it made it to 200 miles running, it's doing good.  I tend to not leave trains hammering out miles at home.

is how it was set up at one point- being lego, things tend to move around a bit :)

• Like 1