Heritage Railways Starting To Reopen

RJS1977

Llangollen are having to close for two weeks due to local lockdown.

We are sad to announce that we will be closing for a two week period after the 15:10 train returns to Llangollen today, 1st October 2020.  The recent Government announcement has meant we have no option but to close until 14th October.  We will constantly review the situation and update you as soon as we can.  Those of you who have tickets in the coming days will be contacted during tomorrow and Friday.  You can still book our Santa Specials online at www.llangollen-railway.co.uk or call 01978 860 979 during working hours.

I don't know whether any other North Wales railways are affected though. It seems to only be the North East part.

Jason

4 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

Llangollen are having to close for two weeks due to local lockdown.

I don't know whether any other North Wales railways are affected though. It seems to only be the North East part.

Jason

Most of the 'Great Little Trains' are in Gwynedd, so are able to keep running.

Cholsey & Wallingford won't be reopening this year either. Although we had been hoping for a Christmas reopening, following completion of the canopy and overhauls of the coaches. However in light of the increase in cases, the Board have decided in the interests of volunteer safety to postpone reopening until the Spring.

• Friendly/supportive 2

• 3 weeks later...

First visit this year to the Swanage Railway.

Overall, it was ok, but you could tell it wasn’t normal times.

Toilets and shop accessible at Swanage but not the buffet.

Barriers on the platform where you had to queue behind, but then allowed on to the platform with plenty of time to see the loco up front.

The journey was ok, no-one stopped you having windows open or sticking your head out.

Corfe was busy....

The small museum was open at Corfe.

On return at Swanage, you were directed towards the exit, but were free to watch the loco run-round, or go back behind the barriers to use the toilet or visit the shop.

Staff were friendly too.

Mind you, three round trips were expensive, but as this would be my only visit this year, then I can understand the pricing regime.

And I bought some stuff from the shop.....

F4EEFD1B-DD2E-4122-951E-C9CDD804E4F1.jpeg

55FEE704-35DF-41C8-89C1-10953FE5B3D2.jpeg

• Like 3