Aspire Gifts & Models

steve1

Has anyone here any experience of using this shop for mail order?

I placed an order with them on the 1st June and received an acknowledgment email saying it was being processed. Since then, nothing. I have emailed them twice but with no reply.

This is not the sort of service that I expect from a mail order firm, even in the current circumstance. In the last couple of months I have used other firms and had the goods within days of ordering.

Much as I dislike phoning, I will probably have to resort to calling, if only find out what's going on

steve (disgruntled) 

• RMweb Premium

In the last two weeks I have received mail from other parts of London. One took one day to arrive and the other 12 days! Both items were small packets and both were posted first class so don't be too hard on the trader who may have dealt with his part of the transaction swiftly but the postal services have let him down. In the present circumstances we have to make allowances although an answer to your emails would have probably solved the problem.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

The postal service is very much hit and miss at the moment, we even had a delivery at almost 8pm one day!

I assume it is a shortage of posties which is having an effect on deliveries here.

• Agree 1

• 2 months later...

Same problem order placed beginning of August, no confirmation e-mail, no reply to either e-mail or on-line form.  Have decided to raise a dispute via the bank.

Sorry, but if a retailer is selling on-line they should be able to deal with on-line queries promptly, rather than having to use the phone.  Hopefully sending in the Black Horsemen of the Apocalypse will get a resolution, but even allowing for the current circumstances in retail and the community the lack of communication is not really acceptable, I would have been happy to accept a delay due to CV-19 if told about it, I'm not unreasonable, but to ignore both their on-line query form and direct e-mail is just wilful.  Having said that, this is the first time in many thousands of on-line transactions that anything like this has happened which makes it all the more annoying.

• Like 1

I'm really surprised to hear of these problems. 

The very first time I exhibited I had an issue with my Bachmann Dynamis. Edward dropped everything in an effort to help me resolve the issue. (We eventually discovered it was interference from the alarm/electrical system in the room).

As somebody new to the exhibition circuit I was amazed by how helpful he (and others) were.

I know a while ago his wife sadly died and his daughter, who used to assist him, had her own family commitments so he was operating things single handed. 

I fully understand people's frustration with not receiving orders but I'm sure there must be exceptional circumstances. He really is a nice guy. 

4 hours ago, steve1 said:

I gave up in the end, cancelling the order and getting my money back. That was at least done promptly, 24 hours in fact.

Still, I won't ever consider using them again.

steve

Apart from demonstrating your impatience in them being unable to supply an item of which they have no stock, may I ask what this achieved?

On ‎17‎/‎06‎/‎2020 at 16:45, pheaton said:

Put in an order mid may...no goods....emailed...no answer...phoned no answer...

won't use again!

As per normal can  be elusive and evasive

9 hours ago, BokStein said:

Apart from demonstrating your impatience in them being unable to supply an item of which they have no stock, may I ask what this achieved?

If a retailer does not have an item in stock, then why advertise it on their website? Most retailers will state  "Not in stock" or "Not currently available" so avoiding the customer wasting their time and effort ordering it. I only ordered from this retailer because I couldn't find the item anywhere else, on the assumption it was in stock as it was listed on the website.

A reply to my first (of many) emails would have at least informed me of the situation, they were awaiting delivery. Not replying at all merely made me frustrated. 

I am am not an impatient person. An explanation of the circumstances would have satisfied me. No email replies and having to ring up to find out anything is not good commercial practice.

What have I achieved? In future to only deal with retailers I already know and can trust!

steve

Guest Jack Benson
6 hours ago, 40F said:

As per normal can  be elusive and evasive

Having made the mistake of visiting Aspire Gifts, I can only agree with this comment.