3 1/2 inch gauge LION

The full size had the wedge adjustment, It was adjustable from the bottom as the top of the rods were close to the bottom of the boiler barrel,Mine will be dummy.p1010043-2000x1500.jpg.c43b248424152d74d0b1a75164e7f7e3.jpg

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 2

They are on the full size loco, Square headed coach bolt's, I think these were quite common at the time as were used on wagon and coach's

( the horse type )  These are the way the wooden beam was held to the metal brackets behind it, The loco has hundreds of these square headed bolt's all over it.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • 1 month later...

Some more done to LION, Lots of tiny brackets  have been made to bolt the tender together, and these have taken an age to make, also the loco cab steps are finished.

IMG_0402.JPG

IMG_0410.JPG

• Like 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 14
  • 4 months later...

It has been a while, I have made quite a few components for the Locomotive, Nothing assembled yet, I have done some more to the tender most of the wooden frame work is done now, I have done the wheels and axle boxs, The wheel spoke are quite a bit oversize i may have to machine these down to look better.

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

• Like 5
  • Craftsmanship/clever 4

Will be following this one with great interest having scratch built one in 7mm.   Looking fantastic so far.

• Like 2

Thanks Jazz, It is being built to works drawings, Most of the tender wood has been made twice.  I did like your 7mm version the LION is a good looker i think.

• Thanks 1