Traintronics closed down?

Bob83a

It may well be the case. I imagine they are a smallish outfit with few staff, and a cash-flow crisis as a result of the lockdown, and while much has been done to minimise effects, it certainly is not a "one size fits all solution", and a good number may well fall through the cracks. Sad, but true. Let's just hope they can rebound after things are over, and some degree of normality returns.

Nigel

• RMweb Gold

Might be wrong but im sure they were a spin off from Bournemouth model centre, that site is still up, might be worth having a word with them.

I liked the signals but the feather design limited them to a certain period.

Wasn't Bournemouth model centre closing about a year ago as well, several news reports about the owner retiring. Their Slotrail.Com site is active so I will try giving them a call anyway.

Checked TrainTronics Facebook page but that seems not to have been updated for a long time. Domain expired more than a month ago, i would be surprised if it would have gone un-noticed for so long i but in thee strange times they may of course be in lockdown and not reading mails/emails.

• RMweb Premium

UK Model Shop guide has Bournemouth Model Railway Centre/Traintronics as closed at this site.

No further information.

I just tried slotrail.com and was redirected to the server!

Edited by melmerby

• RMweb Premium

Bournemouth model railway centre has been shut for some time. Derek, the owner, has been very poorly recently and had decided to retire. I think he intended to move the business online but that may not have happened. Traintronics was an offshoot so not sure what has happened to that.

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium

That’s a depressing sight!

I remember having some TrainTronics signals back in the early 90s, I was never sure if the origins of this company were the same. It was always odd that the site had N gauge stuff but it was always “call for prices” and I never saw anyone who actually used their stuff. I presume the OO gauge ones actually existed...?!

• 2 years later...

To bring anyone up to date that might be interested. Derek Purkis ( owner of Bournemouth Model railway shop) passed away 3 weeks ago due to major issues with his kidneys. the shop is now closed and most of the stock has gone. I starting working with Derek around 1984, he would sell he items i made under the name of Train Tronics these included lighting and certain electronics items. If any one is having  any problems with the Train Tronics products i would be only to happy to help. Regards Andy Fairclough

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 13

• 4 weeks later...