LNER V2 4mm 3D Printed Body - Now in production

MikeTrice

Sorry for the delay in replying. Somehow I missed your post.

The Wakefield Lubricators are supplied on a small sprue and there are two of them on the sprue. Cut them out carefully (I recently put a sprue in quite hot water and the lubricators just fell off). There is a small mounting spigot underneath the lubricator which locates in the two holes on the left side footplate. If you still need a photo I will try to do one later. Yes the seats are glued against the cab sides (after the backhead is fitted and presumably painted). The "tab" acts as a gluing surface and height spacer.

As far as glues are concerned any good superglue or epoxy should work. For superglue I have recently become a fan of Army Painter Superglue and, if impatience gets me, their Magic Superglue Activator. I tend to use superglue to join the boiler halves and 5 minute epoxy to fit the lubricators.

Glad you like it, enjoy.

• Thanks 1

On 17/07/2020 at 22:02, Brocp said:

I know I speak for many LMS modellers here but boy a Long Firebox Jubilee and a Parallel Boilered Scot wouldn't go a miss ;)

I did not intend to do the V2 or certainly not in the quantities I have ended up doing. Hopefully never again!

• Friendly/supportive 3

Hopefully, everyone who expressed an interest in either a Bachmann or Comet OO 3D Printed body has been contacted or in the majority of cases, supplied with the correct body parts.

I am now in a position to start making the modifications for a P4 version. The P4 version will be designed to accept a Comet chassis fitted with Comet's P4 spacers. To achieve this I will need to increase the cutout in the front footplate and boiler and widen the front chassis mounting point. To give the greatest flexibility I intend to supply the P4 version with the front footwell in place on the basis that the builder can either modify the Comet chassis to something more prototypical, or cut and file the footwells off to use the Comet chassis as supplied (as Tony Wright did).

Production of the P4 version should start in a few days then the machine (which has been running 24/7 for as long as I can remember) can be switched off so it, and I, can have a well earned rest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

The P4 version has now been produced and interested parties notified. Hopefully everyone asking for either a Bachmann, Comet OO or Comet EM/P4 has been contacted and in the majority of cases bodies received. If I have missed anyone please let me know.

Machine has now been switched off for a well earned rest.

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Blimey, caw, chuffing 'eck, blinking flip and similar expressions. Mine has arrived too and I could run out of superlatives - anyone want half a dozen unfinished mangled Bachmann bodies? Thanks for your efforts in doing this Mike, I just hope that when I work up the nerve I can do your work justice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1