Hornby 4th radius curves with larger coaches

simon b

• RMweb Gold

Chris, I do appreciate the help and time you've put into this. Thank you.

I'm definitely going ahead with this layout, as soon as my Cannons hill project is finished I'll make a start on the framework. I'm confident that if I get the baseboard built correctly , and ensure that the track flows smoothly I shouldn't have too many problems.

I will have to refrain from taking my UP challenger 4-6-6-4 for a spin around it though.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

So I wasn't planning on starting this layout yet, but a lucky bid on Ebay has won me this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Model-Railway-Solutions-Premium-Birch-Ply-Baseboard-/133469343058?ul_noapp=true&nma=true&si=QGPRpaKywhnJl8BpsAV1UWI6hNA%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

That's the baseboards off to a good start then, and with the track I already have that should be enough. Watch this space....

• Like 1

So what are you going to do with the bellows? 

Seriously, that looks to be a bargain. The track alone would cost a good chunk of that winning bid if you bought it new. 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, PatB said:

So what are you going to do with the bellows? 

Seriously, that looks to be a bargain. The track alone would cost a good chunk of that winning bid if you bought it new. 

That's what I thought, I was surprised I got it at that price.

I was looking to see if anyone made a 2ft x 8ft baseboard kit so I could join two together, but this will work just as well. Most importantly is that they are a good solid base for me to build the upper level onto, which makes my life a lot easier.