More model ideas

• RMweb Gold

Hi all, cat amongst the pigeons time again :laugh_mini::laugh_mini:, but I’ve had a few ideas for future loco

models which I think might be of interest.  The present range of diesel loco’s seem to be English Electric based, so I’m wondering if we could see all versions of Class 20’s and 50’s to the same standard as the 37’s and 55’s in the future?

Other ideas for the future could be Class 56’s and 58’s, again to the same high standard.

• Like 3

Technically, we haven’t seen anything yet, beyond EPs and the like. Let’s wait until we get something in our grubby mits and on our less-than-perfect layouts first. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
42 minutes ago, truffy said:

Technically, we haven’t seen anything yet, beyond EPs and the like. Let’s wait until we get something in our grubby mits and on our less-than-perfect layouts first. 

And HUOs in OO and O, and Cemflos, and PCAs and PFAs and RAWIE buffer stops :)

But yes, the locos are coming :)

• Like 5
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, McC said:

And HUOs in OO and O, and Cemflos, and PCAs and PFAs and RAWIE buffer stops :)

But yes, the locos are coming :)

Yes. Since the OP was referring to locomotives, I focused on that. But I could’ve made that clearer. :blush:

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
55 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

OP also overlooked one rather large beastie - the Class 40 ....

Al.

I haven’t overlooked the Class 40 but I thought Bachmann had “warmed” their tooling so it was better than the first releases, but it could be on Accurascale’s radar once the 37’s and 55’s have arrived and reviewed.

• RMweb Gold

I think we better deliver on what we have on the boil at the moment first, but we are glad everyone is excited about our models and what we have coming your way.

We are of course working on other models, but delivery on what we have announced so far is important. Still, PTA/JTA/JUAs as well as the JSAs are now in production, the 37 and Mark 5 in tooling and Deltic enhancements underway, and we will have some exciting news on the 92 this coming Monday, so keep an eye out for that!

Then there's all the Irish outline stuff, we sure are kept busy!

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

6 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

I think we better deliver on what we have on the boil at the moment first, but we are glad everyone is excited about our models and what we have coming your way.

We are of course working on other models, but delivery on what we have announced so far is important. Still, PTA/JTA/JUAs as well as the JSAs are now in production, the 37 and Mark 5 in tooling and Deltic enhancements underway, and we will have some exciting news on the 92 this coming Monday, so keep an eye out for that!

Then there's all the Irish outline stuff, we sure are kept busy!

Cheers!

Fran

source.gif

Edited by ac1874
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold

How about the iconic six-wheeled milk tanks Fran?  Many other manufacturers have had a go and all their efforts are in some way flawed.
Actually, the same applies to the class 31 thinking about it....................:diablo_mini:

Personally, having seen the EP for the class 92, I'd love you guys to do a pukka DC locomotive;
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e4/Eastleigh_Works_geograph-2383942-by-Ben-Brooksbank.jpg

Edited by Phatbob
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, Phatbob said:

Personally, having seen the EP for the class 92, I'd love you guys to do a pukka DC locomotive;
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e4/Eastleigh_Works_geograph-2383942-by-Ben-Brooksbank.jpg

With only 3 Class 70 built maybe a better chance for having a retailer commission it (perhaps with Accurascale making like the Class 89)?

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, mdvle said:

With only 3 Class 70 built maybe a better chance for having a retailer commission it (perhaps with Accurascale making like the Class 89)?

We hope that they are making an 89!

13 minutes ago, ac1874 said:

We hope that they are making an 89!

Perhaps bad wording on my part, but I wasn't commenting on whether the Class 89 is going ahead or not, just that one possibility would be for a retailer to use Accurascale to possibly do a Class 70 and I was using the Rails of Sheffield arrangement with Accurascale on the Class 89 as an example.

2 minutes ago, mdvle said:

Perhaps bad wording on my part, but I wasn't commenting on whether the Class 89 is going ahead or not, just that one possibility would be for a retailer to use Accurascale to possibly do a Class 70 and I was using the Rails of Sheffield arrangement with Accurascale on the Class 89 as an example.

Sorry, I wasn’t trying to pick apart your wording. I’m just keen to get a Badger!

• Like 2

Also, after seeing the detail of the JSA hooded steel carriers (especially the rivets) I’d like to see a highly detailed all singing and dancing class 153. Day/Night lighting, passenger compartment lighting, cab lights, orange door interlock lights, illuminated destination boards (on current units), front plough/deflector fixed (rather than swinging with the bogie) there are plenty of livery options ranging over many years and in my opinion, would be extremely popular for all sized layouts. For me, I’d love to see this one achieved.

6304B534-5DC2-4292-8EA7-1CECF5D0D32C.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Shoey said:

I’d like to see a highly detailed all singing and dancing class 153.

And/or a Class 155 maybe?

Locomotive-wise, I'd say there is most room for improvement on the current offerings of the Class 47, Class 31, Class 20 and Class 58.

Edited by Pillar
  • Like 4

ooooh, wishlisting... :) To me the low hanging fruit might be a Class 81.  Yes, there are some commonalities with the Class 85 so Bachmann have a potential jumping off point, but they haven't yet... If not locos, how's about some carriages - MK2 b and c perhaps?

The yawning chasm of missing contemporary stuff has to be the Electostar family of units?

Accurascale would be the chaps to sort out the correct combination of variations, body styles and liveries.......

Aah go on.

• Like 6
  • Agree 1

The item that has been near the top in all recent 'wanted' polls is the class 120 DMU. I would certainly have a Scottish (Inverness) one (or 2) if produced.  It could also be a lead into other long frame DMUs, 119, 123, 124....

The 120s were very well travelled, the Southern region being about the only area that they never really penetrated, although they did regularly get to Pompey and Weymouth.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
On 24/06/2020 at 17:12, atom3624 said:

Say no more ....

image.png.e080a57307290309d850d3f74b156b8f.png

:rolleyes:

40044 was a bit er.. different following its nose end collision.

but sounded fantastic right until the end.

Be warned, this video is 30 minutes long, with lots of climbing..you may need a cup of tea and biscuits before you start, as pausing mid way is a hard thing to do..

I wish this was my video, but i settled for buying a dvd of it.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 2