More model ideas

My money would go on a class 31diesel , as the existing model does not fully capture the complexities of its body shape, especially around the side window cabs and the tumblehome of the body itself, and would be an excellent companion to the forthcoming class 37. Of course you have an awful lot of variants to pick from in terms of body details, especially if you go for the class 30 early variant too. Livery wise,  the sky's the limit really.

• Like 2
  • Agree 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Any chance of these?

https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/ferrytransfesavan1959/ed86e717

Or these?

https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/ferryitalianinterfrigo/e26f388d1

Ferry wagons seem to be one of the biggest gaps in the model wagon market, but not sure if prototypes exist to measure up in the UK or elsewhere. Plenty of other types to go at as well, including BR's own vans, but the above two are among the most distinctive and iconic for me and a common feature of many 70s/80s Speedlink services.

I'd take a rake of both to kick start my modelling career (as opposed to just selling them to raise money for 12 inches to the foot scale locos!)

• Like 2

I’m not one for wish listing as I prefer to have a bash at kitbashing or scratchbuilding, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Accurascale reused the tooling from the bogie and chassis of their forthcoming tipplers/steel hood and did the green hood CAIB variant (30xx) of the JSA at some point. 

Would look nice nice mixed with the blue VTG version and Bachman’s BYA hoods.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

I voted for it as part of the recent Accurascale wishlist, but the Arbel WIA 5-car articulated car carrier would be superb to see in 4mm scale!

It’d be a beast, and I can’t imagine the big boys having the guts to tackle it...the mind wanders to the likes of Accurascale and Revolution!

Cheers,

James

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

I have asked Fran in the past when he enquired what model should they do next.

A shunting horse with correct Midland Railway harness and bridle.

He laughed.

So did I :D

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

He laughed.

Did you ask him or Nag him?

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Bucoops said:

Did you ask him or Nag him?

Not wanting to stirrup trouble, having to rein it in a little bit might  be better than foals rushing in, we don't want to be saddled with a spur of the moment decision that could end up a right mare!

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

He laughed.

Ah Clive, isnt this enough horsey related modelling?

502305363_mylovelyhorse2.jpg.1f5097ff3623acd7e29726b49fd970a1.jpg

1342887725_mylovelyhorse.jpg.86ecc370e824a1cc06acb97367e063f3.jpg

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Gold

I think Accurascale really can’t go wrong for the meantime producing high quality Class 37’s, 55’s and 92’s.  I know that they have had to push back delivery which hasn’t been their fault with Covid-19 etc, but they have also been highly critical of their own products, so hence the delays.

More Class 37’s are needed, in different details and liveries.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Hi All, 

I would like to add an idea, off the wall perhaps.... 

How about a range of Loco Hauled charter/excursion coaches? Of course I'm thinking current spec VSOE Pullman cars but what about those amazing looking land cruise Pullmans languishing round at Crewe??? With the demise of Golden Age Models, is there a gap in the market for PROPERLY painted, current day coaching stock? 

Finally, a question... 

We talk a lot about livery, and dimensional errors and assembly issues with the likes of the Heljan 33

and Hornby 60 etc. My question is, how come the new kids on the block, Accurascale, can release models of such finesse and properly designed quality and yet the long established model mufacturers are seemingly incapable of creating that definitive model for one reason or another?  Just curious but a Class 47 done the Accurascale way would surely be feasible as their high quality offering would be aimed at a different audience?

So, back to those VSOE Pullmans... 

Fran, are you there??? 

Kindest Regards, 

Shed. 

Edited by Shedmaster
Corrected typing error...
  • Funny 2

Resin model overbridge - where many were rebuilt/raised on the WCML electrification scheme in 1974 north of Weaver Junction with their distinctive reinforce concrete roofline ?  3 versions - Straight, left and right angle.

_________

/                 \

I                  I 

On 21/07/2020 at 09:09, James Makin said:

I voted for it as part of the recent Accurascale wishlist, but the Arbel WIA 5-car articulated car carrier would be superb to see in 4mm scale!

It’d be a beast, and I can’t imagine the big boys having the guts to tackle it...the mind wanders to the likes of Accurascale and Revolution!

Cheers,

James

Hi James, I agree, the WIA  articulated car carrier has been sorely overlooked.

A few years ago I spoke with both Dapol and Bachmann sales reps at big shows and asked them if they’d consider something like the Arbel-Fauvet car carriers, IIRC I suggested to the Dapol guy that having already dipped their toe in offering multi-wagon sets like the MRA ballast wagon would they consider the WIA? I received a non commital response. So I asked the Bachmann rep, although he wasn’t familiar with the prototype I said that since they’d done the IPA STVA car carrier why not the WIA? He responded that the IPA had taken longer to clear than anticipated from retailer shelves and I don’t think they were ready to do another ‘modern’ car carrier. I think at the time they didn’t really think there was a market for automotive traffic.

Now of course RevolutioN have stepped in...

i suppose you you have a vested interest with Didcot....?  ;)

i have considered scratchbuilding it as it as there are drawings in the Ian Allan wagon book, but the articulation and requirement for small bogies has put me off, and I’ll have a go at building all manner of things. :(

19 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

With a bit of forethought could also tie in with the 69?

Yeah I said this back on June 29 thus yes a Class 69 with a new tool Class 56 would be a good one to consider as both would go hand-in-hand.

Edited by classy52

1 minute ago, classy52 said:

Yeah I said this back on June 29 thus yes a Class 69 with a new tool Class 56 would be a good one to consider as both would go hand-in-hand.

I aren't sure of the differences so it may not work but it could well do. I aren't sure the differences are fully known yet are they?

20 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

I aren't sure of the differences so it may not work but it could well do. I aren't sure the differences are fully known yet are they?

AFAIK there are subtle external differences due to modernization so the body shape will be the same and based on Wikipedia entry below most of the bolt-on's will largely be the same as well with differences in certain areas.

Source: Wikipedia

The new engine will be an EMD 12N-710G3B-T2 as fitted to Class 66 locomotives numbers 66 752-66 779, which is IIIa emission-compliant. The original underframe, bogies, traction motors and brake system will be retained and overhauled. New compressors, blower motors and electronic cubicles will be fitted. The AAR multiple unit system will be used.

So maybe if AS tooled up a new Class 69 then a Class 56 at the same time should be very doable with tooled up differences and electronically/sound modernized for today's modeler.

Edited by classy52
  • Like 2