More model ideas

3 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

I think it would need a lot of consideration, but probably would work. There are quite a few liveries that people seem pretty desperate for that rarely come up in the range. Original blue, IC Swallow and executive for starters where people with big layouts may want more than one set. Ones from privatisation Midland mainline franchises seem sought after too.

I also think if they did the tooling variations for the NMT and did it as an exclusive model (with an uplift vs standard HSTs to cover off some of the tooling and no dealer cut) it would do well too. NMT when Hornby does it costs say £400 ish when purchasing for something that isn't very accurate. I think people would pay quite a bit more for something accurate.

Completely agree, plus there will be options for coaches for not hst sets and related EMUs (e.g. Wessex 442). Not sure what I'd be prepared to pay for a full set but maybe could stomach 500 to 600 for a full dcc ready 7/8 car set. It would be the pride of my fleet so could splash out if excellent quality 

• RMweb Premium
52 minutes ago, scumcat said:

No from me as I said I want to see the quality of the locos I have already ordered and paid for before the froth of more announcements. Accurascale have not yet brought to market any of their proposed uk locos and have no delivery dates for when they will. 

But at least A/S have kept us up to date with schedules when they've slipped.

And if they now bring them to market sooner, no doubt there'll be complaints from those that haven't had time to save up/alter their budgeting etc......

• Like 1
  • Agree 9

Further to me recent post in the Coil A thread, I propose some 40t / 45t oil tank wagons which were built with vacuum brakes in the early 1960s, hauled by 9F steam locos etc. Then diesels took over whilst some of the vehicles were refitted with air brakes and probably new suspension.  I think this fits the Accurascale mould very well

92047stockport67.jpg

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
26 minutes ago, McC said:

We’ve held back on announcing over £2m in new (unannounced) investment in the last year due to delays in the 55, 92 and mark 5. All three have delivery dates detailed in their most recent updates. Our Irish A class is almost here with the 55 almost complete assembly and much more working away behind the scenes :) in the mean time we’ve delivered HUOs in two scales, PCV cemflos, PTA and JSA and two runs of PFAs and KUA and PCA and accessories and shared decorated and EP samples of lots more besides. Our MDV , MDO and Coil A are on the boat and all that in the barely three years since we launched. 

We are acutely aware locos are vital and have 6 D&E and 5 steam and several MU projects underway that we are striving to deliver to the absolute highest detail and fidelity at the most realistic price points possible.  

We don’t believe in half measures or resting on laurels and can not wait until you all have swathes of accurascale running on your layouts. 

Hi McC

I see there is still no mention of the shunting horse I suggested two years ago. :ireful:

I even posted photos of two prototype liveries. :rtfm:

One tries to be helpful. :cry:

No one listens :music:

• Funny 8

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Covkid said:

Further to me recent post in the Coil A thread, I propose some 40t / 45t oil tank wagons which were built with vacuum brakes in the early 1960s, hauled by 9F steam locos etc. Then diesels took over whilst some of the vehicles were refitted with air brakes and probably new suspension.  I think this fits the Accurascale mould very well

92047stockport67.jpg

Yeah!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, McC said:

We are acutely aware locos are vital and have 6 D&E and 5 steam and several MU projects underway that we are striving to deliver to the absolute highest detail and fidelity at the most realistic price points possible.  

Oooh you tease...how much Guinness will it take to loosen your tongue?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scumcat said:

But have they? The last class 92 update was March with a delivery date of Q3/4 2021. But we are yet to see decorated samples, that was supposed to happen 5 months ago. That’s when the price increase was delayed until decorated samples were seen. Since then silence. Do you think this delivery date is realistic?

No delivery dates are realistic these days, there are far too many variables in many sectors to disrupt any date.

Accurascale have said that they'll give updates when they have an update to give, until then we just have to bide our time

• Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

But have they? The last class 92 update was March with a delivery date of Q3/4 2021. But we are yet to see decorated samples, that was supposed to happen 5 months ago. That’s when the price increase was delayed until decorated samples were seen. Since then silence. Do you think this delivery date is realistic?

hi scumcat

Per Frans last update the 92 pantographs caused us challenges but decorated samples are with us. In fact they are in the Uk being poked and prodded as I type and the final working versions of the extensive lighting, sound and never before seen in a UK model pantograph methods (x2) being put through its paces. 

As soon as that’s complete and we have solidified the production slot we’ll share news, as we always do, openly, when we have it to share. At the time of writing the 92 tentative slot will see it landing just after Chinese New Year coming which is about April next. 

Hope that helps! We’re very excited about the 92 as it’s a flagship technologically!

Edited by McC
  • Like 9
  • Informative/Useful 2

8 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi McC

I see there is still no mention of the shunting horse I suggested two years ago. :ireful:

I even posted photos of two prototype liveries. :rtfm:

I will never understand your obsession with the need for a shunting horse! Can't you just use a trained hamster like everyone else?

• Like 1
  • Funny 7

10 hours ago, scumcat said:

Accurascale have not yet brought to market any of their proposed uk locos and have no delivery dates for when they will. 

Do you think this delivery date is realistic?

I completely understand what you're getting at in terms of wanting to see something before you get too excited about anything else, although if the track record with wagons is anything to go buly they are on to a winner IMO. In terms of delivery dates though I am happy enough that the dates are probably wrong but there has been some comms every now and again and it's only when there is news that we get news.

As a comparison, the Hornby site has due dates on there and I have been tracking my LNER Azumas for about 2 years/18 months now (2 different models) and they just keep going back and back on more or less a monthly basis with absolutely nothing to say why this has happened. The 2019 range model was supposed to have been with us November 2019. My point here is just because somebody goes to the trouble of updating a due date on a weekly/monthly basis it doesn't mean there is any truth to it and therefore what's the point?

• Friendly/supportive 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, scumcat said:

I stated the fact that the last class 92 update was over six months ago

There should be a significant update within a few weeks, holster your weapon.

• Like 2

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, scumcat said:

When your locos are delivered that is the time to review them not before then

Their first loco to arrive will be the A Class which I've reviewed in this month's BRM - an astonishing performer.

• Informative/Useful 3
  • Friendly/supportive 3

32 minutes ago, Georgeconna said:

5 steam, Can't wait for this one to be announced, Hopefully nothing too North or West.

Hopefully something far north and west. Manor announced, so four steam models. Six diesel and electrics with three announced. I wonder if the remaining three include the 73s and 89s. MUs. Blimey! Wow!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, McC said:

We’ve held back on announcing over £2m in new (unannounced) investment in the last year due to delays in the 55, 92 and mark 5. All three have delivery dates detailed in their most recent updates. Our Irish A class is almost here with the 55 almost complete assembly and much more working away behind the scenes :) in the mean time we’ve delivered HUOs in two scales, PCV cemflos, PTA and JSA and two runs of PFAs and KUA and PCA and accessories and shared decorated and EP samples of lots more besides. Our MDV , MDO and Coil A are on the boat and all that in the barely three years since we launched. 

We don’t believe in half measures or resting on laurels and can not wait until you all have swathes of accurascale running on your layouts. 

Now that's a teaser if ever I've seen one.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, McC said:

Several MU projects. Praying one of them is a 377. Out of interest are any of these projects the results of the survey that was done a year or so ago? What was the final result of that survey?

Regards Gary 

• Agree 3

On 05/08/2021 at 23:44, McC said:

On 06/08/2021 at 12:16, No Decorum said:

Hopefully something far north and west. Manor announced, so four steam models. Six diesel and electrics with three announced. I wonder if the remaining three include the 73s and 89s. MUs. Blimey! Wow!

Wowzers...

Thats just fired the starting gun for some educated guesses (not wishlisting!!) on what these could be. I will guess at those below given the idea of needing a new tooled item, popularity, time spans of operation, upgraded with digital tech, etc... 

Steam:

1. Black 5
2. GW Hall
3. 8F
4. A4

also ran... GW Castle

Diesel / Electric

1. Class 50
2. Class 31
3. Class 89

Units:

1. Class 185
2. Class 220/221/222 Voyager/Meridian
3. Class 180 

Edited by The Black Hat

1 minute ago, The Black Hat said:

Wowzers...

Thats just fired the starting gun for some educated guesses (not wishlisting!!) on what these could be. I will guess at those below given the idea of needing a new tooled item, popularity, time spans of operation, upgraded with digital tech, etc... 

Steam:

1. Black 5
2. GW Hall
3. 8F
4. A4

also ran... 8F

Diesel / Electric

1. Class 50
2. Class 31
3. Class 89

Units:

1. Class 185
2. Class 220/221/222 Voyager/Meridian
3. Class 180 

Hm. All those steam, diesel and electrics (except the 89) have been done to a reasonable standard. I would hope for something not done before.

1 minute ago, No Decorum said:

Hm. All those steam, diesel and electrics (except the 89) have been done to a reasonable standard. I would hope for something not done before.

There isnt much left that hasn't been done before. Part of the reason Accurascale dont mind what has is that if they are applying the same spec upgrades as Bachmann are with the class 47 then they will compete with whatever else has gone before and try to outdo it. The value for money and spec/detail upgrade will be crucial for them in the future but their prices look more well suited for still being high spec, high price, good value compared to Bachmann and the 47 (even if the latter apparently is selling well). 

Just now, The Black Hat said:

There isnt much left that hasn't been done before. Part of the reason Accurascale dont mind what has is that if they are applying the same spec upgrades as Bachmann are with the class 47 then they will compete with whatever else has gone before and try to outdo it. The value for money and spec/detail upgrade will be crucial for them in the future but their prices look more well suited for still being high spec, high price, good value compared to Bachmann and the 47 (even if the latter apparently is selling well). 

Yes, when it comes to diesels. There are some electric voids and many, many steam locomotives still to chose from. They are not all obscure types either.

Did anyone mention Class 40? .....    :unsure:

I do think there's a need for an 'another manufacturer' Gresley A1/A3, A4,  possibly a 'new standard' series of Peppercorn pacifics - A1, A2 - Bachmann's are nice, but getting a bit long in the tooth now.

Al.

Edited by atom3624