More model ideas

On 19/11/2021 at 12:08, TomScrut said:

The differences have been discussed at length on the Dapol area on this very forum.

I am of the similar opinion that there wouldn't be much of significance beyond the body and so a lot of common parts and design would make life easier for them. They have however, not done it and given how long the 59 has taken them I doubt they'll be doing it soon!

Because almost every aspect of the body changes however it would be a difficult conversion to get bob on IMO. Even the cab doors and the area surrounding it are different, it's not just a 68 shell with a pantograph and different holes in the sides. But I do think almost all of the differences are on the actual body.

Thanks for that Tom.  As you can tell I am not a fan of the contemporary era so apologies for drawing conclusions.

So would etched overlays from cab door to cab door and maybe a 3D printed roof cut it ? 

Anyway. Back to the thread.

Come on Accurascale. You know you really want to

Water Orton Station: Ex-MR 2F 0-6-0 No 58186 stands hard against the buffers in the stowage siding opposite the goods yard in March 1962 (warwickshirerailways.com)

Apologies. The forum won't let me pasted the link to the photo but it is on the Warwickshire Railways site. A Midland 2F tender loco, withdrawn from service because of the sacked chimney and the rust but running right into transition  era with an early crest on the tender.  A real useful engine which no transition era could resist 

Edited by Covkid
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Covkid said:

Water Orton Station: Ex-MR 2F 0-6-0 No 58186 stands hard against the buffers in the stowage siding opposite the goods yard in March 1962 (warwickshirerailways.com)

Apologies. The forum won't let me pasted the link to the photo but it is on the Warwickshire Railways site. A Midland 2F tender loco, withdrawn from service because of the sacked chimney and the rust but running right into transition  era with an early crest on the tender.  A real useful engine which no transition era could resist 

More likely from Bachmann. They've got the bottom half and the tender already.

It's just a smaller boilered version of the 3F after all. Many of which swapped boilers to later become 2Fs again. It's complicated.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midland_Railway_Johnson_0-6-0

Jason

• RMweb Gold
On 16/11/2021 at 16:29, TomScrut said:

My point being, I think AS are a bit too big to be compared to SLW and therefore just because one can do something it doesn't automatically mean the other can.

Come a long way in 4 years from a simple HUO wagon.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 20/11/2021 at 14:15, Steamport Southport said:

More likely from Bachmann. They've got the bottom half and the tender already.

It's just a smaller boilered version of the 3F after all. Many of which swapped boilers to later become 2Fs again. It's complicated.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midland_Railway_Johnson_0-6-0

Jason

On the face of it Jason I might agree, but we are in a different age now, and nothing is off limits these days.  Accurascale and Dapol producing a Manor, Hornby and Dapol producing the 61xx / 5101. The Terriers, 66s and SLW, Heljan and Bachmann having a go at the revised bodyshell class 25. Heljan producing the class 45 / 46 which Bachmann had in their catalogue for years.

There probably is nothing sacred anymore, but your suggestion that Bachmann would logically produce the 2F is at odds because they have yet to produce the LMS left hand drive "standard" 4F. I am sure Bachmann would and maybe will produce the 2F, but that shouldn't preclude Accurascale from producing a model with era longevity despite being erm only black !!! Actually I bet they would sell heaps of Crimson Lake 2Fs if they had the balls to offer an example       

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

If Accurascale want a 0-6-0 Frieght engine in their range how about a L & RY class 27. Over 400 made, lasted into BR. I would have said the class 7 but I have my doubts on that ever seeing the light 

Edited by farren

3 hours ago, farren said:

If Accurascale want a 0-6-0 Frieght engine in their range how about a L & RY class 27. Over 400 made, lasted into BR. I would have said the class 7 but I have my doubts on that ever seeing the light 

I guess you mean the L&Y 7F, but the LMS Fowler "Austin seven" 7F is also a Virgin RTR model too. 

• RMweb Gold

No, I Mean the class 7 4-4-2, I did say it was unlikely to see the light 

and the Class 27 is a 0-6-0 

image from Printerest

(Howard Williams)

A74D0CEC-DF3E-40A8-8BD4-14BF7F3DC96D.jpeg

Edited by farren
  • Like 1

Whilst I would love a Highflyer even I feel that's probably one of the remotest chances imaginable. I think I'll wait until I can get a Millholme kit version.

L&Y locos? I reckon one of these is the most sensible choice. 230 of them and lasted until the end of steam. Some sold into industrial use including NCB. One preserved which was even picked for Rocket 150.

spacer.png

Jason

• Like 2

On 20/11/2021 at 14:00, Covkid said:

mrwo1963.jpg

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
58 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

I see Accurascale’s roving researcher has posted a picture of one man and his van in Butterley… should join Rail Riders, and collect the stamps !

Is that where he was? I knew someone would know.

Knowing Paul there might be a clue in the post somewhere…

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, MrTea said:

Is that where he was? I knew someone would know.

Knowing Paul there might be a clue in the post somewhere…

Ah but was the van in front of mk3 12150 by accident or intent.

:D

i’m guessing this myself..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midland_Railway_–_Butterley#/media/File:Class_93_mock-up.jpg

Intercity 250..

Edited by adb968008
  • Funny 3

Hi Fran & Co,

Seeing how this topic has reached page 31….

It must be time to let Gareth get on with the Class 31 please. He is definitely the man for the job and theres so many detail variations that haven’t been done and can’t be done with existing tooling elsewhere.

Thanks

Mark

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
19 hours ago, MRDBLUE17 said:

Hi Fran & Co,

Seeing how this topic has reached page 31….

It must be time to let Gareth get on with the Class 31 please. He is definitely the man for the job and theres so many detail variations that haven’t been done and can’t be done with existing tooling elsewhere.

Thanks

Mark

I sure when Gareth is finished the HST and the class 50, he will move on with the class 31. Although he may squeeze in a P2 for a bit of variety in the meantime.

• Funny 2