More model ideas

• RMweb Gold

The most attractive BR EMU ever built and which has received a number of different liveries still hasn't been produced as a RTR model. It's a difficult model to stratch build, getting the front right is almost impossible for lesser mortals like me but that should be no problem for the team at Accurascale. I am of course suggesting the Class 442 Wessex Electric.

all the best

Godfrey

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, Godfrey Glyn said:

The most attractive BR EMU ever built and which has received a number of different liveries still hasn't been produced as a RTR model. It's a difficult model to stratch build, getting the front right is almost impossible for lesser mortals like me but that should be no problem for the team at Accurascale. I am of course suggesting the Class 442 Wessex Electric.

all the best

Godfrey

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder for that one.

The 442 isnt called plastic pig for nothing.

its butt ugly.

As my sister would say...  “its fow.. you wash it.. 4 faces come out”.

Still everyones ridden a pig at some point. it would be one to model, just for the memory.

Edited by adb968008
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Godfrey Glyn said:

all the best

Godfrey

If a 3rd rail EMU is what your looking for, you can’t go far wrong with the Class 405 4-Subs.  Long lived and seen just about everywhere on the London southern 3rd rail suburban network.

Edited by jools1959
Typo
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, 37114 said:

Although I am not one for wishlist threads, I am curious if we will see anything more from Accurascale in O gauge? I presume that we haven't seen any new O gauge since the HUO that it wasn't commercially a success or at least not a big enough success to continue to expand the range. I have a Heljan O gauge 37 on order but it is far from perfect and it feels there is an opportunity for an original 37/0 in O gauge, especially with the CAD work etc already done for the 00 model for example?

Hi Rob,

We recently asked for suggestions for O gauge models and are mulling a few ideas over at the moment. It's very likely we will do a future O gauge model for sure, but it's a couple of years away at this moment in time.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Godfrey Glyn said:

all the best

Godfrey

You seem to have confused a hunk of junk with the 309s? :)

• Like 3
  • Funny 3

My suggestions would be: 

Class 150 DMU / 317 EMU. The DMU would be a good retool with lower floor and spec akin to Realtrack 144/156. Class 317 EMU (I think) could be the spin off...
The GBRf Biomass wagons as mentioned. 

Class 20 - Bachmann probably working on it but it will take a decade... so you can beat them to it. 
Class 180 - might be a tad too big...

Also rans

Class 141
Class 151
class 104
HAA Wagon (which is coming somewhere)
Class 40
Class 35 (I reckon this one will come from no where) 

I will follow up with what I just suggested to AS on Facebook, if I haven't already mentioned it here.

FNA-D wagons, as these would work very well with their existing range.

FNA No.11 70 9229 010-7

Also KXAs!

Wheely Heavy

Also a wider range of nuke containers for the PFAs?

68003 & 88010 6Z56 Cheltenham Spa, 15-11-2019.

Versatile PFAs.

Another Grey Day in Cumbria.

37059 T&T 37069 Dungeness 6M95 21/03/2018

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

21 hours ago, The Black Hat said:

My suggestions would be: 

Class 150 DMU / 317 EMU. The DMU would be a good retool with lower floor and spec akin to Realtrack 144/156. Class 317 EMU (I think) could be the spin off...
The GBRf Biomass wagons as mentioned. 

Class 20 - Bachmann probably working on it but it will take a decade... so you can beat them to it. 
Class 180 - might be a tad too big...

Also rans

Class 141
Class 151
class 104
HAA Wagon (which is coming somewhere)
Class 40
Class 35 (I reckon this one will come from no where) 

No! Please not the HAA! It would cripple me financially replacing all my later version ones. 

• Funny 1

3 minutes ago, The Black Hat said:

Sorry - its only a matter of time before you end up with a retooled MGR wagon... 

Oh Lord! The sensible thing would be to sell them now, but it is a gamble. What if a new one doesn’t appear? It’s taken quite some time to build up my numbers. Red frames have not been easy to come by.
A dilemma. 

4 minutes ago, 66738 said:

Oh Lord! The sensible thing would be to sell them now, but it is a gamble. What if a new one doesn’t appear? It’s taken quite some time to build up my numbers. Red frames have not been easy to come by.
A dilemma. 

To be honest Im holding onto the rake that I bought. A new one will be a super model but you can guarantee that the price will be high for wagon. Getting the rake will then be very expensive. So will settle for what I have. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, atom3624 said:

How about continuing with TPE - perhaps there may be some sponsorship?

I don't know if it's in this thread or not but I have mentioned the Civitys before as a desirable one to do because of potential commonalities across several classes, although the 397 is probably the worst one in this respect other than it may have some parts in common with the mk5s perhaps?

Edited by TomScrut
Rephrasing

8 hours ago, atom3624 said:

How about continuing with TPE - perhaps there may be some sponsorship?

A Nova 2 Class 397 - TPE of course.

Al.

PS  Don't forget the Class 40, nearly forgot!!

As with all MUs, that would be an expensive item but it does look gorgeous and extremely tempting. No more expensive than a complete train of freight wagons, I suppose. Yep, I’d take one.

• RMweb Gold

I think what’s seriously missing are fully working level crossing barriers, in both single or double track, half barriers and those that completely close the road.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, jools1959 said:

I think what’s seriously missing are fully working level crossing barriers, in both single or double track, half barriers and those that completely close the road.

Problem with level crossings is that there is no "one size fits all" - all level crossings are different.

Width of road and/or pavement to affect length of barrier(s), angle of road over railway just to list two major variables.

But to maintain the wishlisting theme:

A shorty HYA/IIA would do for me.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, jools1959 said:

As well as what @newbryford said, how many people have layouts where they wouldn't be up and down so often it wouldn't look silly? I'd expect on a lot of layouts they would be doing several cycles a minute which could look pretty silly.

• Funny 1

Seeing as we're wishlisting...

I thought the Rawie buffer stops that Accurascale released would be the start of more detailing items to come for modern-ish image modellers. The modern scenery market has long been under-represented I feel; if you look at the amount of trackside gubbins and general modern equipment used on the railways and roads, not much is available RTR with some kits and recently 3D prints here and there.

So to my point...with a 92 eagerly awaited and an 89 on the cards from Accurascale, not to mention class 85, 86, 87, 90, 91 and a smattering of MUs from other manufacturers, I reckon there's a hunger for proper OLE. Despite being used countrywide, and in various (but mostly standard) configurations and types, the only products available are Peco's single masts and I think some from Heljan AFAIK, with over-scale wires from Peco and maybe others. I'm thinking British outline as I know there are companies overseas who produce OLE too. The only option to represent even a plain 4-track mainline is to scratchbuild. In my opinion this is the most evident no-brainer product missing in RTR, I'd say even more than any locos and units, as every model with a pantograph needs some form of OLE!

All the above is just my opinion... I'd love to see a variety of OLE done well, and scale wires to accompany the masts/gantries.

Thanks,

Jack.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
On 13/07/2020 at 19:13, KDG said:

How about some household waste containers to fit RTR 60ft flats?

Repeat multiple sales....

Where theres muck theres brass..

“The Salford Binliner” you always smelt it before you saw it.

You just hope that when it passes, its a green signal.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 3