Parkend Marsh Sidings in P4

Re6/6

• RMweb Gold

Good Lord!!

It looks like some sort of knitting machine. 

Rob.  

20201006_161146.jpg.7d5b128c43e868054e68f5b09adac27b.jpg.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Gold
59 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Yes, knocked this lot up in seconds!

20201008_164140.jpg.b47e8e6fe8a1fb6f412c536756c042c5.jpg

And what colour cardigan would you prefer?

Prussian Blue  please. 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Oldddudders said:

The jackshaft drive on the diesel shunter had me scurrying to find out more. A clever model of a prototype I had not been aware of. My edumacation continues! 

Ian, it's a beautifully constructed model from Mike's range (not by me, I hasten to add!) and works like a Swiss watch. 

Taken from the Judith Edge Kits site:

LMS/BR Jackshaft drive 0-6-0DE

This kit will build LMS 71OO-9 or BR 12023-32 and represents the final batch of ten single motor 350hp 0-6-0 diesel electric shunters built by the LMS at Derby in 1942. LMS 71OO9 were built to the same design but went to the War Department for service overseas, in the Middle East, Egypt and eventually Italy. The locos were originally painted black and all passed to British Railways in 1948. A few were painted BR green with yellow/black stripes in the 1960s and the last were withdrawn in 1967. 

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/45248-judith-edge-kits/page/9/  Some lovely pictures of the Italian ones threequarters the way down the page.

661330911_LMSshunterjackshaft1965.jpg.03d3e5ed1258d6b33e721234c4dc3b6e.jpg

Edited by Re6/6
  • Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 2

3 hours ago, New Haven Neil said:

Phwooar, that Jackshaft is the biz!  Not sure its very Forest of Dean-y but....phwooar! :dance_mini:

I say, steady on, old chap!     :no: :heat:

The Teddy Bears had a Jackshaft, if that's a tenuous enough link to the Forest of Dean?  ;)

• Like 4
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, F-UnitMad said:

I say, steady on, old chap!     :no: :heat:

The Teddy Bears had a Jackshaft, if that's a tenuous enough link to the Forest of Dean?  ;)

The 95s are a different era, indeed positively modern. My tatty 1961/2 Ian Allan ABC lists the 12xxx class, but I didn't see any. These are behemoths of a most attractive style, with many cues predicting the diesel shunter of later years, but technically a previous generation.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, Tim V said:

Almost the D95XX time, here is a copy of the WTT 14/6/65-5/9/65. Turn 708

Fascinating and confirmation of the organisation and structure behind the local trip workings at the time. It has been stated in the captions of one of the books on the FoD that there were sometimes only two locos in the Forest at any one time, one on the ex-S&Y section and one on the Bullo Pill to Cinderford section. I believe that on occasions one loco has had to be called in to rescue the other, when the latter got into trouble somewhere.

It also seems (judging by Bristol Turn 706) that there was still at least one diagram based at Lydney shed at the time.

• Informative/Useful 1