Is Templot down?

• RMweb Premium

I have been trying to start Templot for the last hour and it's not finding the server and a similar problem with the Templot forum. Is anyone else expieriencing this problem?

No doubt I will try again now and it will work.

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, bigP said:

Does anyone know if there is a way to (perhaps a setting to change) so that Templot can run offline? ie regardless if the templot site is down?

Martin says that if UK server is down then software should look to US server.  Unfortunate that both would be down at the same time.

By the sounds of things there is no 'offline' mode built into it either.

Hi Paul,

I'm sorry the Templot web site was unavailable for a while today.

There was no problem with the actual Templot web site itself, the entire Cera.Net data centre in Columbus lost connectivity to the UK. Thousands of web sites were affected. This is the second time that has happened overnight (USA time) in recent months. I suspect it is an overnight maintenance issue somewhere, but it's worrying and I will try to find out more details.

However, I'm puzzled by your remarks, because there should have been no effect on the running of the Templot program. When Templot starts it first checks the UK server for a connection, and that was running fine here all along. Only if that goes down is the USA server tried.

In any event, it is now a couple of years since I removed the requirement for an internet connection before Templot will run. If both servers are down, or your internet connection is down, you should see only this:

templot_no_internet.png.42eccb2a265612aaf09ecb55a1bd33af.png

After which Templot runs normally.

If your copy of Templot is not doing that, it means that you are running an older version of Templot. It remains a condition of free use of Templot that you use only the latest version. Please update to the latest version as soon as possible. The download page is here:  https://templot.com/companion/installation.php

If folks continue to use older free versions I shall have to consider reintroducing the forced check on start-up. Templot is free to use, but only if you use the latest version.

cheers,

Martin.

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

Martin,

I can't remember whether or not I clicked the ok, so I can't say for certain whether Templot would have started. I was on the e version of your latest update and I am now on the f, since the connection was re-established. This getting older doesn't help the grey cells one bit.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, Siberian Snooper said:

I can't remember whether or not I clicked the ok, so I can't say for certain whether Templot would have started. I was on the e version of your latest update and I am now on the f, since the connection was re-established. This getting older doesn't help the grey cells one bit.

Yes, it would and/or did start.

Thanks for updating to 226f. It's important because there was a bug in 226e affecting users on Windows7, causing Templot to crash. Fixed in 226f.

cheers,

Martin.